Mr. Brian T. Ginter
Announcing and Introducing the New Principal of Rio Americano High School
Please read the follow letter - New Principal Announcement
Incident on Campus
Please review the below links for information about an incident on campus involving a Nazi flag.
2021 Graduation Update
We are excited to have an in person graduation this year and look forward to seeing you at the ceremony June 3, 2021 at 5:30 PM on Rio Americano’s campus. We hope to make this a memorable event, during a time none of us will soon forget. While there will be guidelines we need to follow, we hope to provide you with as normal a ceremony as possible.
The guidelines for the ceremony will be as follows:
- All attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times. If you provide a doctor’s note to the site before the ceremony, you will not be required to wear a mask.
- If a mask is not worn with doctor’s permission, the attendee must wear a face shield. Again, the only exception to this would be another doctor’s note.
- All attendees must do a self-screening for COVID-19 before entering the graduation ceremony. Instructions will be posted at the ceremony and are in another attachment to this letter and email.
- All attendees must be from the State of California and be prepared to check in with an ID before entering the ceremony. Wrist bands will be given to signify you may enter the ceremony. At this time, each student will be allowed 2 guests and we will be asking for a third guest name in case we are able to accommodate the third guest.
- All attendees will be assigned a seat from the school site. Guests will have an area assigned to them with two or three seats, depending on guest limits, and those area will be assigned randomly. For guests who will be unable to attend because of space limits, we will be live streaming the event. The link will follow.
- Yelling from attendees is not permitted. Continual yelling or noise from a group may result in their removal from the ceremony.
- All attendees will enter and exit the ceremony different ways. We will direct you at the end of the ceremony. Each row or family pod will leave with guidance from site staff.
- Once the ceremony is over, all attendees will be expected to leave the site in an orderly manner and not linger on the campus for any reason. Unfortunately, picture taking and extended conversations are not permitted.
- If at all possible, families and graduates should come in the same vehicle to ensure enough parking at the site. Carpooling with cohorted students is also acceptable.
Seniors will be asked to complete a Google form with information we need for graduation to run smoothly. If you senior does not fill out this form, they will be prohibited from attending graduation along with any guests they may have wanted to bring. If seniors have not filled out the google form by Friday, May 7, 2021, the site will be reaching out to them and families for the information we need. Please click the link (https://forms.gle/Pxiy3taH9TissWkcA) to fill out the Google form.
We truly hope you have the best experience possible this graduation season. If you should have any questions, please email my assistant, Bonnie Bjorgum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian T. Ginter
School Information Sites
AP and Honors Summer WorkSite Council MeetingsSITE COUNCIL MEETING, May 24, 2021 4:00 PM VIA ZOOMPublic wishing to join the meeting email email@example.com for ZoomAP CAPSTONE DIPLOMA PROGRAM AT RIO AMERICANOWeekly Bulletins*********Please watch this video on Texting and Driving**********Week at a Glance: April 12 - April 16Monday - Hybrid Schedule. (A)Tuesday - Hybrid Schedule (A)Wednesday - Asynchronous ActivitiesThursday - Hybrid Schedule (B)Friday - Hybrid Schedule (B)Mr. Ginter's schedule for the week:Monday - On Campus in Morning / DO in AfternoonTuesday - On Campus / DO in AfternoonWednesday - On Campus / DO in AfternoonThursday - On Campus / DO in AfternoonFriday - On Campus / DO in AfternoonSafetyPlease drive carefully in the parking lot as students will be walking through the lot throughout the day. Please follow all traffic signs and arrows to make sure we have a smooth drop-off and pick-up procedure before and after school. It is also important that we follow all traffic laws on American River Drive, as accidents do happen within our drop-off and pick-up procedures.Educating Parents About Teen Drug UsePlease follow link to http://www.pathwaytoprevention.org/