INTEGRATED MATHEMATICS 1 WITH SUPPORT
Clete Purinton Melissa Bryden Kenny Beale
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
This course is newly implemented by the entire SJUSD and is the first a series of three Integrated courses which will meet the minimum math requirement for enrollment in a UC or CSU, and for preparation to enroll in college-level math classes at a community college. Topics covered will be a blend of Algebra 1 and Geometry.
Grades are based on classwork, homework, formative assessments, summative assessments, midterms, and finals. We use a 5-point grading scale.
5 – work and solutions are accurate and demonstrate a clear understanding
of the specific concepts.
Excellent Work Grade Earned: A
4 – work and solutions are mostly correct with only minor arithmetical
errors, but still demonstrates understanding of the concepts.
Very Good Grade Earned: B
3 – some work is correct with answers demonstrating understanding, but
there are some gaps in the concepts.
Good Grade Earned: C
2 – some work is correct, but most is incorrect with errors that demonstrate
only a partial understanding of the concept.
Fair Grade Earned: D
1 – solution attempted, but shows no understanding of concepts.
0 – No attempt made to solve problem.
Poor Grade Earned: F
Tests: Formative assessments may be retaken once following corrections and review. Retakes must be taken outside of class time. Summative assessments may not be retaken.
Grade Percentages: 20% - classwork, homework, and participation.
50% - Summative assessments
30% - Formative Assessments
A 90% - 100%
B 79% - 89%
C 67% - 78%
D 55% - 66%
F Below 55%
Classroom Rules and Expectations:
1. Be in your seat and ready to work when bell rings.
2. Bring all needed materials to class everyday.
3. Respect others and their right to voice opinions, make statements, and
ask questions. Be courteous and respectful to others.
4. Please do not bring food or drink into the room without teacher approval.
5. Work time is very important. Please do not waste it!
6. Be aware of school policies regarding behavior, attendance and dress
7. Cheating of any kind will result in a “zero” for that assignment/test and
an F in citizenship.
8. Racial, ethnic, sexist, or any inappropriate language/talk will not be
tolerated and will result in immediate disciplinary action.
Parent Signature Date
Student name: _______________________________________________ Period: ___________