Bienvenue à la classe de français!Here you can find information on homework assignments, class projects, the Foreign Language Club, photos of class events, and lots of interesting links to helpful websites.Please feel free to email me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you. À bientôt!
Sacramento French Film Festival: June 21-23, 28-30Quebec Trip February 2020 with Mme Murray and Mme JenksThe trip is now FULL! Please let Mme Murray or Mme Jenks know if you would like to be on the waiting list in case someone cancels. Merci!Vocabulary practice activities and gamesClick the link below for your class period to request permission to be added to the class.Click here for Mrs. Jenks to follow you on Duolingo and give you extra credit for your hard work! If this link doesn't work for you, download this pdf and follow the instructions.
Top Reasons to Take French
The top 3 foreign languages for business are French, Chinese (Mandarin), and Arabic.
- Be understood in 55 countries across five continents and by over 200 million people.
- French is the third most common language on the Internet. Connect with pen pals, visit foreign websites and find student exchange opportunities.
- Get a head start on learning other Romance languages like Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian.
- French is a melodious and romantic language with a relatively quick learning curve.
- Develop critical, creative thinking and problem solving skills. French also provides the base for more than 50% of the modern English vocabulary, which improves performance on standardized tests.
- Open the doors to art, music, fashion, food, architecture and literature.
- Discover a new appreciation for other cultures in countries that speak French like: France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, Monaco and many African nations.
- Use French to pursue studies in Francophone countries.
- Promote language diversity throughout the world.
- Be more competitive in the national and international job market in disciplines like business, medicine, aviation, law, transportation technologies, global/international distribution and luxury goods.
- French is the official working language of the UN, NATO, UNESCO, the International Olympic Committee, the European Union, the International Red Cross and much more
Last Modified on June 10, 2019