MISSION STATEMENT, PHILOSOPHY, and GOALS
TEAM MISSION STATEMENT
To create an accepting, supportive, and positive environment that encourages growth in each individual, as well as an athletic experience for all student-athletes interested in becoming competitive distance runners by developing the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and work ethic necessary to reach individual and team goals.
The focus of our daily behavior is to promote success and achievement for every athlete while providing them with the opportunity to create a foundation for life-long fitness and develop positive character traits that will allow them to meet challenges outside the athletic realm.
· Provide an extracurricular opportunity that will enhance the overall academic experience.
· Provide the opportunity to participate in an athletic endeavor that offers individual and team challenges.
· Establish individual goal setting strategies that allow for personal achievement based on talent, commitment, and desire.
· Provide training that is designed to challenge the student-athlete physically and mentally.
· Model and promote the characteristics of self-confidence, leadership, loyalty,
discipline, respect, integrity, and sportsmanship desired in a student-athlete.
· Establish team cohesion that will promote the success of all team members.
· Establish a system that encourages a student-athlete to continue to run and compete after high school.
· Diligently strive to better a student-athlete’s physical strength and fitness level primarily through daily running, and to promote a lifestyle and attitude of physical fitness.
· Make every effort to contribute to an environment of pervasive caring for others and themselves, so that each athlete’s mental and social well-being is improved.
Mesa Verde Cross-Country Schedule, Results, and Roster
The link below will take you to Athletics.net, where current information for this sport can be found. Our school Athletic Director has directed all coaches to post team information to this website, and to be diligent in keeping the information current. Note that for most sports, season schedules may be posted before team rosters are finalized, and that as the season progresses, the schedule may change due to cancellations and rescheduling due to the weather. Questions about the postings should be directed to the Head Coach for each sport.
The schedule will be updated week-to-week with competition results.