After School Enrichment Program
LeGette has a fee-based after-school Enrichment Program available for students in grades K-6 enrolled at LeGette School. Each session offers a variety of classes in areas such as STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, music), drama, yoga, and other special interests. Fees for instruction and materials vary according to the subject matter and number of participants in a class. Enrollment is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Announcements and class descriptions are sent home prior to each session.Do you teach guitar, art, dance, a language or do you have a great idea for an enrichment class? If you are interested in participating in our program please call the school office and ask for Joanne.
Spring Session Begins: April 13, 2020
Click on Links Below
You will not be offically enrolled until completed form is turned in at the school office.
Curriculum Guide Will Be Avaliable in Feb. or March
What is the purpose of the Earl LeGette Enrichment Program?
- To further develop clear, creative and critical thinking
- To practice skills learned in the classroom to solve exciting, challenging and relevant problems outside of school
- To learn new skills that students can use in the classroom
- To enhance self esteem through participation in new activities
- To increase exposure to the wonderful things that life has to offer
- TO HAVE FUN!
How can the Enrichment Program achieve these goals?
- By enrolling a limited amount of students per class so that each child can be an active, participatory learner
- By asking students in every class to approach learning in a variety of ways
- By asking the students to evaluate their own work honestly and accurately
- BY HAVING FUN!
Policies & Procedures about the LeGette Enrichment Program
- Classes are five/six weeks, unless noted as an exception.
- All classes have a minimum enrollment and a maximum enrollment.
- Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. If enrollment exceeds the maximum class limit on the first day of registration, a random selection for the spaces will be held from the initial enrollment forms.
- In order for a class to be offered, a minimum enrollment number must be met. If minimum enrollment is not met, there is a possibility that the class will have to be cancelled. If the class is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.
- Payment must accompany the enrollment form to be considered complete. The student will not be placed on a class list until payment is received.
- Some classes may have a materials fee which is payable directly to the instructor by the first day of class.
- While we recognize this is an after school program, respect of the LeGette School rules is expected. Consistent inappropriate language and/or behavior will result in the contact of the parent/guardian and possible exclusion from the program. No refund will be made.
- Once a class has started, no refunds will be issued. Late enrollments will not be prorated.
- Pro-rated refunds will not be issued for any missed classes.
- Parents are expected to make arrangements for their child to be picked up promptly after each class session. LeGette school employees are not available for supervision. Failure to comply may result in a student being excluded from the class or the Enrichment Program altogether. No refund will be made.