Building Bridges to Student Success
The San Juan Unified School District's Bridges After-School/ASSETs Programs provide homework support, enrichment and pro-social recreation in a safe and positive environment. The Bridges After-School/ASSETs Programs currently serve approximately 3,000 students, grades K-12, in 29 programs at 28 sites. Student success is supported through the implementation of each of the four components of the program: Homework support, enrichment/disguised learning, pro-social skills/recreation, and parent support and empowerment. Strong relationships between program staff, school staff, parents and students are key!
The Bridges After-School/ASSETs Programs will be closed for staff development on the following dates:Friday, November 18, 2016Friday, March 10, 2017Thursday, June 8, 2017
ContactsSecretary, Bridges After-School/ASSETs Programs971-5933
Arden Arcade Region 575-2434
Carmichael Region 575-2386
Citrus Heights Region 725-6499
Enrollment & fees
To apply for enrollment in the Bridges After-School Program, please complete the Bridges After-School Application Packet below. Send the forms to school with your child and give them to the designated Bridges After-School Program Site Coordinator. Applications are also available at your Bridges program or regional offices.
Space is limited and students are enrolled in program on a first come, first served basis once priority order has been applied. For information about priority enrollment, please view Frequently Asked Questions.
Fee PolicyThe Bridges After-School Program charges a registration fee and monthly participation fees. Rates are purposefully kept as low as possible to ensure that San Juan Unified School District parents are able to access services at the lowest cost possible. In addition, full and partial scholarships are available based on need. Please contact Debbie Timpson, at 971-5933, for more information regarding scholarships.
Registration Fee: A $30, nonrefundable, registration fee is due at the time of confirmed enrollment. Please do not make a payment until enrollment is confirmed by telephone.
Program Participation Fees:
- Monthly fees are determined using a sliding scale based on a student’s free or reduced lunch rate eligibility.
- All fee rates include early release Thursdays and all other scheduled minimum days.
- Fees are calculated with all non-school days during the school year (including holidays) considered. Fees will not be applied for school year program days in August or June. The regular year monthly rate will be applied for, each month, from September through May.
- Where summer programs are available, the fee will be for one month and include participation for summer program days available in June and July, beginning in 2017.
Bridges After-School Program Monthly Rates:Lunch Eligibility Status Monthly Rate
Full Lunch $50.00 Reduced Lunch $40.00 Free Lunch $30.00
Payments by check or money order:
- Payments are due by the 10th day of each month.
- Checks and money orders are made payable to San Juan Unified School District with Bridges After-School in the memo line. Please write your child’s name and school on the check or money order.
- Mail to: Attn: Bridges After-School Programs/San Juan Unified School District, 3738 Walnut Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608
- Payments may be dropped off at one of the Bridges After-School regional offices:
Arden Arcade Region - 2641 Kent Drive, Sacramento 95821/Room 5, 575-2434
Carmichael Region - 6230 Rutland Drive, Carmichael 95608/Room 24, 575-2386
Citrus Heights Region - 7901 Rosswood Dr., Citrus Heights 95621/Room H7, 725-6499
- Payments may not be dropped off at program sites.
Payments by credit card:
Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted online at www.myschoolbucks.com. My School Bucks is a fast and simple, online payment center for parents. Myschoolbucks.com has features such as: Paying for tuition, meals and other school items in one central place; email reminders of payments due; set up of automatic payments on given dates and more.
- If payment is not received within 5 business days of the due date, a $25 late fee will be charged.
Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF):
- Checks returned by the bank will incur an additional $25 charge. A money order is required for replacement of NSF check.
- Checks will not be accepted as form of payment after the bank has refused a second check.
- Families are required to give a two week notice, in writing, when ending a child’s participation in the program. If a participant leaves, prior to the end of the designated two weeks, full payment is still required for the duration of the two week period
Citrus Heights Region - 725-6499Middle School Bridges After-School Programs