A COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
The community of El Camino Fundamental High School is committed to high expectations, ethics, and academic standards. A safe, positive environment nurtures and enables all students to reach their potential as lifelong learners and responsible, enlightened citizens.
El Camino Fundamental High School provides a safe and positive learning environment with high academic demands for each student. There is a strong expectation of commitment from students, parents, and staff.
El Camino maintains academic rigor in an atmosphere that promotes respect for one another, development of personal responsibility, and readiness for the world beyond the classroom.
THE THREE R’s
EXPECTED SCHOOL WIDE LEARNING RESULTS
- Effective Communicators who write and speak using strong evidence to support their thoughts.
- Academic Excellence through creative problem solving, reflection, and dedication to lifelong learning. Complex Thinking!
- Group Collaboration used to work towards a common goal.
- Leadership that promotes school, community, and global involvement.
- Ethical Behavior through speech and actions.
- Social Contributors that make positive contributions to school, community, and society for a better future.
The staff at El Camino realizes that each student’s individual future as well as our collective future is dependent on the success of the educational enterprise. High school serves a single purpose, PREPARATION FOR THE FUTURE.
Students of today face a world marked by accelerating change, intensifying complexity, increased interdependence, and fierce competition in all meaningful post-secondary venues. Local, national, and international problems are growing exponentially. H.G. Wells’ cryptic statement, “Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe” rings very true in the 21st Century.
Realizing that the high school years represent the final mandatory educational experience for American youth, El Camino’s staff is committed to maximizing each student’s level of preparation with a clear understanding of the validity of Margaret Mead’s statement, “Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that can.”
We Are El Camino
See our Vimeo video produced by our district. Click on this link.