Parent Teacher Association
Arden Middle School PTA meetings are the first Wednesday of every month at 6:15 p.m. in the Arden Library. All parents are welcome to attend.2018-2019 PTA Meetings will be held:September 5, October 3, November 7, December 5, January 9, February 6, March 6, April 3, May 1.
PTA PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE
Dear Arden Families,
Welcome to the 2018-19 school year at Arden Middle School! We are very excited about the year ahead and hope you are too! We want to thank our returning families for their continued support of the school and the PTA through their involvement during the past year and we hope that our new families will get involved too! It’s going to be a great year!
PTA is a crucial partner in providing students and teachers with tools to further educational experiences. In the 2017-2018 year alone PTA:
Provided Back to School Teacher Appreciation breakfast Purchased new MacBook Pros for Media ($8,500)
Supported AVID w/ $2,000 for student experiences $2,500+ in support of Boy Scout projects on campus
Paid for Motivational Guest Speaker Kim Karr Supported Band Boosters for Disney trip and River Cats
Contributed $5,000 for the English IXL program Fulfilled numerous teacher supply requests
Sponsored Student Activities including Socials & Dances Provided funds for PE equipment
Our goal for this year is to continue to work with the teachers and the school administration in creating an environment for our children’s success – and to do that we need your support.
JOIN THE PTA
- Complete and return the membership form to become a member of the Arden PTA.
- Fill out the enclosed volunteer sheet – there are lots of things to do, big and small!
- Join us at the PTA meeting on the first Wednesday of every month. The first one will be held on Wednesday, September 5th at 6:15 p.m. in the school library.
- Attend the programs and events the PTA sponsors throughout the year.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution to the Direct Donation Campaign to fund needed school equipment and supplies to help our students learn and grow.
This 2018-19 Incoming Parent Checklist will help with ways to contribute and feel connected.
- Sign up for the Arden bell E-Newsletter by going to Arden website - Parents - Sign up for e-newsletter
- Follow Arden Middle Facebook page and Arden Leadership on Instagram
- Sign up for the parent portal when school starts - portal.sanjuan.edu
- Check out the school’s webpage - sanjuan.edu/arden
Update your online contributions:
- ewaste4good.com - Free electronic waste pickup benefitting Arden
- Amazon Smile - Select Arden Middle School PTA
- Change your Safeway club card to Arden (ID 6470261)
- Log onto eSCRIP.com and a percentage of purchases will go to Arden Middle.
Clip and Save, Turn in BOX TOPS! at the front office
Arden PTA Officers 2018-2019
2018-19 Arden PTA Board
President – Cari Fox
Secretary - Andrea Bacchi
Auditor – Amanda Thomas
1st VP Programs - Julie Gephart
Paralmentarian- Maral Hannenian
Treasurer - Sarah Vieira
2nd VP Ways & Means – Catherine McGough
Historian – Lori Eichman