MIRA LOMA HIGH SCHOOL
Home of the Mighty Matadors
STUDENT BULLETIN 92 Thursday, January 24, 2018
- Hey Matadors! Did you know that the inventor of the 3 way traffic signal, Garret Morgan, was the first African American to own a car? And Alexa Canaday was the first black woman to become a board certified neurosurgeon?
- Martin Luther King Jr said, “We may have come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat, now.” In honor of MLK the Latino Club is collecting canned food for local families affected by the current government shutdown. Please bring cans to Ms. Sander’s room A219 and sign up to win a prize. Gracias!
- Calling all Juniors interested in applying to UC Davis for 2020, please come to a presentation on February 2nd in the library. Sign up with Lisa in the counseling office. Seniors who have applied or been accepted to CSUS, please sign up for a presentation in the library on March 4th.Sign up with Lisa in the counseling office.
- Hey Matadors, our 10th Annual Dance Marathon is coming up this Friday, January 25th from 3:45pm to 9pm. There will be games, great food, dance battles and more for you to enjoy. Tickets are $20 if bout before the event and $25 at the door. Sign up on Donor Drive. First 20 people to sign up on Donor Drive and the first 10 people at the door will get a free T-shirt. The first place dance battle prize is $100. All proceeds go toward the UC Davis Children’s Hospital. See you there!
- Anyone who’s interested in joining the boys tennis team, there will be a meeting this Friday, January 25 right after school at the tennis courts to talk about the upcoming season, and the start of practice. Hope to see you all there!
- Japanese students from our sister school in Japan will be visiting ML from March 20th to March 27th. If you are interested in hosting a student, please let Kumagai Sensei know. Her room is A214.
- Attention Seniors: It’s that time of the year to vote for your Senior Favorites! Stop by the Cafeteria during lunch TODAY. Make sure to bring your ID cards!
- Seniors- If you have a good singing voice and are interested in being a part of the music performance for graduation this year, see Mr. McAllister in room F2. He is putting together an all Senior Choir for the graduation ceremony. Rehearsals start soon, so sign up now. Current and former choir members are especially encouraged to sign-up, but all are welcome. Go sign up!
- Are you interested in attending the FBI Teen Academy held in Sacramento? Please see Lisa in counseling for the application.
- Please check the bulletin board outside the counseling office or the binder in the counseling office for available scholarships. There are many scholarship opportunities and the due dates are fast approaching.
- Attention! If you had Health for first semester, you need to return your book immediately. We need that textbook for students to use second semester. Mrs. B in the textbook room hopes to see YOU soon.
Mira Loma News and Information
Welcome back to Mira Loms for the 2018-19 Academic School Year
Last Modified on January 24, 2019