MIRA LOMA HIGH SCHOOL
Home of the Mighty Matadors
STUDENT BULLETIN 3 Wednesday August 16, 2017
Mira Loma News and Information
- Attention all aspiring public speakers: The Mira Loma Speech and Debate Team’s first practice will be TODAY afterschool in F-3. No experience necessary. The practice will run from 3-5pm. You can email MiraLomaSD@gmail.com for questions.
- Matadors: French Club will have its first meeting TODAY in room A-215 during lunch time. Come and join us!
- Mira Loma will be offering The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Test sometime this fall. If you are interested, please sign up in the counseling office by August 31st.
- Attention all Matadors interested in history: Mira Loma’s History Day team will have its introductory meeting this Friday from 3:15-4:45pm in Mr. Muratore’s room B-5. Parents and students welcome!
- Staff and students: Would you like to eat lunch mindfully or learn more about mindfulness techniques in teaching/learning/interacting/eating? Just come to E-9 weekly on Tuesday during lunch and join Mr. Bach, Ms. Chavez and Ms. Char. Let's practice mindfulness together to bring harmony and peace to ourselves and to the world. If you have any question, please contact Mr. Bach.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors. If you are interested in becoming one of our wonderful counselor TA’s, please come see Ms. Flores in the counseling office to apply.
- A note form the counselors: The last day to turn in the change course request / blue sheets is on Monday. Please get them in as soon as possible. We are working diligently through these request.
- Attention IB Testing Juniors and Seniors: Do you need Financial Assistance for IB Exam Payments? If so, Financial Aid Applications can be found in the Attendance Office, on the Mira Loma website and in F-3 with Ms. Smith. Fill out the application and turn it in to the Finance Office. Applications are due Friday August 25th by 3:00. If you have any questions, stop by F- 3 and see Mr. Mathews or Ms. Smith.
- If you are an IB Testing Junior or Senior, you must register for Exams using the new paper forms available in the Attendance Office, on the Mira Loma website and in F-3 with Ms. Smith. Fill out the Registration form and turn it in to the Finance Office along with you Exam Payment. The first payment number is due September 8th by 3:00 pm. If you have any questions, stop by F- 3 and see Mr. Mathews or Ms. Smith.