MIRA LOMA HIGH SCHOOL
Home of the Mighty Matadors
STUDENT BULLETIN 166 Tuesday May 15, 2018
Mira Loma News and Information
- Academic Decathlon will have an introductory meeting for 2018-2019 season on Thursday, May 17th after school in B-5. Stop by if you are interested.
- Matadors! We are going to have a student vs. faculty soccer game in the large gym after school on May 23rd 3-4pm. Students: sign up in Ms. Kelly’s room E-3.
- Attention FBLA: there is a meeting TODAY during lunch in Ms. Yang’s room A216. You do not need to be in FBLA to attend. Come join us!
- Internship Opportunity! Become a teacher's assistant in an elementary classroom from June 18 - July 3rd. The positions pays $11/ hour. Please come to Counseling Office for more information.
- Attention Student Leaders: Interested in an interactive leadership camp in Santa Cruz? Student leaders will build new relationships, gain new skills, and challenge themselves on rope courses. Camp is August 1-3 and is completely free to students. Applications are in the counseling office and are due this Friday, May 18!
- Attention ML Students, Our first biannual Community Service Expo is this Thursday from 1:00 – 3:00 PM in the Mira Loma Quad. Please visit after school on Thursday to meet with representatives from the Sacramento Tree Foundation, Salvation Army, Boys & Girls Club, the Sacramento Public Library, American River Parkway Foundation, and many more. This is a great opportunity to connect to community groups in order to earn IB and IS community service hours or to get involved in making our community a better place.
- Hey Matadors! The Advanced Theatre Class will have their annual show this Thursday, May 17th at 7:30pm. There will be skits to make you smile, pieces to make you gasp and spoofs to make you burst out laughing. Make it a fun night out with friends or family and come see the show! $5 at the door.
- Hey Matadors, Photography Club will be selling Pizza and Soda after school Thursday in the rose garden. Pizza is $2 a slice or 3 slices for $5. Come support Photography Club!