Volunteers are needed and valued in San Juan Unified and we appreciate your interest in volunteering at Bella Vista High School. If you are volunteering on campus during the school day, please sign in at the school office upon arriving on campus and wear a visitor sticker when on site. Please see the information below regarding driving on a field trip and fingerprinting requirements.REQUIREMENTS TO DRIVE ON A FIELDTRIPBelow are the requirements for driving on a field trip. All paperwork may be turned in to the principal's secretary in the school office. The form and all supporting documents must be completed each school year.
- Must be fingerprinted by SJUSD. If you have never been fingerprinted by SJUSD, please stop by the school office first to get the Fingerprint Authorization Form before going to the district office (see fingerprinting details below). If you were previously fingerprinted for another school in SJUSD, please provide the principal's secretary your name, date of birth and the last 4 digits of your social security number so your fingerprint clearance may be obtained from the SJUSD district office.
- Complete and sign the Volunteer Personal Automobile Use Form. Forms are available in the school office or you may print one online.
- Provide a copy of your current automobile insurance policy declarations page (no ID cards) showing your name, vehicle, policy number, expiration date and amount of coverage.
- Per SJUSD Board Policy, the minimum insurance liability coverage limits per occurrence are: $100,000 bodily injury and $25,000 property damage.
- Provide a copy of your unexpired driver's license.
Any adult volunteer who will work alone with students at any time must be fingerprinted. This includes driving for or chaperoning on fieldtrips or working with students outside the immediate supervision of a staff member.If you have been fingerprinted by SJUSD since the year 2000, you do not need to be fingerprinted again. If you start to volunteer at a new SJUSD school, the school secretary can contact the district office Fingerprint Unit to verify your status as a cleared San Juan volunteer. In order to do this please provide the principal's secretary your name, date of birth and the last 4 digits of your social security number. By law, fingerprint results done by another business or organization cannot be transferred to SJUSD or any another agency.
Fingerprinting is free of charge for San Juan volunteers. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in 10 minute increments. Volunteers schedule their own appoinment by going to SJUSD's fingerprinting website. Results from the Department of Justice can take up to four weeks to be returned. TB verification is not required to volunteer in San Juan Unified.To complete the process bring the Fingerprint Authorization Form (that you obtain from the principal's secretary) and a current, valid and unexpired photo identification to your appointment. The address for fingerprinting is 3738 Walnut Avenue, Carmichael 95608. The school will be notified by the Fingerprint Unit if you are cleared to volunteer based on information received from the Department of Justice. You may contact the principal's secretary to inquire if you are cleared to volunteer.
Thank you for your service to the students and schools in SJUSD!