- $50,000 in Scholarship Awards for San Juan Unified's Class of 2022
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS: APPLICATIONS DUE MARCH 18
San Juan Education Foundation is pleased to facilitate a diverse and accessible scholarship portfolio with opportunities for everyone. Scholarships range from $500 - $2,000 and students can apply for every scholarship they qualify for with just one application.
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarships—Up to 10,000 by The Vegetarian Resource Group
- Gregory Kenneth Sherril Memorial Fund Scholarship - St. George Episcopal Church
Click here for application and details
- Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship
P.L.A.Y. has always made a point to promote compassion towards animals in both our personal and professional lives. From working directly with local shelters to donating products to animals in need through our Warm Bellies Initiative with the Petfinder Foundation, animal welfare has always been a staple of our business.
We know there are plenty of young minds out there that are equally passionate about helping animals in need, so in an effort to encourage them and promote this cause P.L.A.Y. will be awarding our seventh annual $1,500 scholarship to a graduating high school senior (2021-2022) who best exemplifies our core beliefs.
Beginning on 09/01/2021, P.L.A.Y. will promote, by means of internet and print, the opportunity to submit entries to win the Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship.
P.L.A.Y. was honored to receive a record amount of essay submissions last year! Due to this increase in scholarships; P.L.A.Y. is thrilled to now offer three cash prizes.
1st Prize - One Scholarship valued at $1,500
2nd Prize - $300 and one set of Warm Bellies Special Edition Chill Pads (10 beds) to be donated to an animal shelter of your choice*
3rd Prize - $200 and one Garden Fresh plush toy set (5 toys) to be donated to the animal shelter of your choice*https://www.petplay.com/pages/scholarship
- Rachel Anne Gray Memorial Scholarship
The Scholarship was established in honor of Rachel Anne Gray who passed away September 2nd, 2012 at the age of 21. Rachel was a resident of Fair Oaks and a member of the Fair Oaks Youth Advisory Board (FOYAB) from 2006 through 2008. Rachel graduated from Bella Vista High School (Fair Oaks) in 2008 and received her degree in International Business from California State University, Sacramento. Rachel was a valued member of the Fair Oaks community, who made a huge impact on young leaders, the community and the Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District staff. Rachel enjoyed being outside, working with the community, and living life to its fullest each day.
Four awards, in the amounts of $1,500, $1,000, $500 & $250, are given annually to deserving high school Seniors only. The Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District (FORPD) and FOYAB are proud to host this scholarship program to acknowledge young people who are committed to community and school service and who seek positive solutions to critical problems and issues today’s young people face.
- The application for the 2022-23 Schwab-Rosenhouse Memorial Scholarship is open!
Once again, we are relying on your assistance to help spread the word about this scholarship opportunity. Please post this infromation on your school's college/scholarship web pages, and we ask that you include the Schwab-Rosenhouse Memorial Scholarship in any scholarship-related messaging to your Seniors over the next few months. Interested Seniors have until February 3 to submit an application.
More information is available at http://jewishsac.org/schwabrosenhousescholarships; if you need assistance or have questions about the Schwab-Rosenhouse Memorial Scholarship, please contact M-D November, Senior Program Manager, at mnovember@applyISTS.com.
We look forward to your students’ participation in this year’s competition.
- 2022 U.S. Senate Youth Program -Two students from each state will be selected to attend the program and each will be awarded a $10,000 undergraduate college scholarship. Students may qualify to apply through leadership positions they currently hold per the USSYP official criteria for the current 2021-2022 academic year. See application below.
- HireAHelper Scholarship - Check back for next time to apply often - occurs 4/times per year and is open to highschool seniors and current college students
Penguin Random House Creative Writing Awards High school seniors Students in all studies are invited to apply.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
Total Award Amount: $10,000
Friends of the California State Fair Scholarship Program
Applications now open - Apply today!
Grow your college fund by applying to the Friends of the California State Fair Scholarship Program. Applications are now being accepted from now until Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
Last year, Friends of the California State Fair awarded 23 students $46,000 in scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year. These students represent 23 California cities.
The Friends of the California State Fair Scholarship Program is a collaborative effort between the Friends of the California State Fair, the California Exposition & State Fair, the California State Fair Agricultural Advisory Council, the Ironstone Concours Foundation, and Blue Diamond Growers. This program seeks to motivate well-rounded, high academic achievers.
The Race to End the Stigma Scholarship was created by the Carlos Vieira Foundation to start the conversation about mental health. The $1,000 Race to End the Stigma Scholarship is granted annually to graduating high school seniors who are interested in mental health awareness or who are willing to share their story about mental health in an effort to end the stigma.
- Be a graduating senior in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be graduating from a high school in one of the following twenty-one counties: Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Tulare, Tuolumne, Yolo, or Yuba.
- Seeking enrollment in a postsecondary degree program at a two or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school
For more information please refer to the attached application and link to the online application.
- Blue Diamond Growers Foundation Scholarship
- Must currently live in Almond Growing Regions of California
- Must intend to pursue college major in Agriculture related field
- Must have 3.3 GPA or higher
- Enrollment verification to a college or university offering a four-year degree will be required for disbursement of award funds
- Application deadlin: March 31, 2022
Award: (1) $1,500 scholarship
Deadline: July 14, 2022
More Info + Apply: https://www.wccbc.com/scholarship-contest/
- Sacramento Area Fire Fighters, Local 522 Scholarship ProgramSacramento Area Fire Fighters, Local 522 is offering four $500 scholarships to Senior high School students who will be attending college the year following graduation. Two schoarlships will be awarded to daughters/sons of Local 522 members and two scholarships will be awarded to students who attend one of the high schools within Local 522's jurisdiction.
- Each applicatnt must submit a 500 word essaay on the topic "Life in the Firehouse".
- The essay may either be handwritten, typed, or computer generated.
- Judges will be a local school teacher, college professor, etc.
- Proper English and writing skills will be judged.
- The heart of the essay will be judged on how realistic the writer portrays firefighters in real life.
- Contestants are encouraged to visit local fire houses to conduct interviews, gather information, etc.
- Adherence to application instructions will be judged
- Essay must be POSTMARKED with USPS postmark, on or before April 1, 2022. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE PERMITTED IN PERSON, THEY MUST BE MAILED.
- The recipients will be presented certificates of award at their school awards program when possible.
- The decision of the judges chosen by Local 522 will be final.
Get application paperwork from VP Secretary