How to plan an activity, fundraiser, or request for donations for your club?
- Certificated advisors must be aware of all events and actions being planned.
- ACTIVITY REQUEST TIMELINE
- All activity requests must be turned in a minimum of 3 weeks or 15 school day in advance. Requests must be complete with signatures, meeting minutes, and attendance sheets to be considered.
- By Friday: Have your club meeting. Approve the event. Fill out the Activity and Fundraiser request. You must have at least 2/3 quorum of your attendance as listed on your Constitution. Attach an attendance sheet with names, grades, signatures, and student ID numbers or a minimum of 10 students.
- Friday: All paperwork is reviewed by ASB Director and ASB Officers. If anything is missing or incorrect, the certificated advisor will be notified and paperwork returned to their box. In the case of coaches, the certificated advisor is going to be the main contact. It is going to need to be crucial that the lines of communication are open between the certificated advisor, Athletic Director, and coaches so you know the status of your paperwork.
- Tuesday: Student Council will review the request for the activity. Once approved or denied, it will be given to the Vice Principal in charge of Student Activities. Then she will sign and return to ASB Director.
- Wednesday: ASB Director will submit all requests to the district for approval.
- Once approval is given, the Club Advisor will be notified that it has been approved or denied. A signed digital copy will be sent to you via email. Keep in mind that district approval is a new step this year and that this is why we are asking for requests 15 days in advance.
- Be sure that the Vice Principal in charge of Student Activities and the Student Activities Director sign all contracts with outside companies.
- Be sure that all events planned are chaperoned. Evening activities and dances will be limited due to supervision and facilities space. NIDS will be assigned to all events planned at the calendar party. Other events will require the class, club, or sport to find their own chaperones.
- All on campus events must be approved by ASB. For events using on campus facilities, the certificated advisor must complete both the Student Body paperwork as well as facility use paperwork with SJUSD. Facility paperwork will not be accepted without the approval of ASB if any funds are being raised.
Last Modified on August 4, 2016