Bella Vista PTSA
Bella Vista High School Parent Teacher Student Association
PTSA Meeting dates and time for 2022-2023
PTSA generally meets once a month on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM in the school library. The dates with an asterisk are the exception. Executive meetings are attended by the elected and appointed board members. General meetings are attended by general members, as well as elected and appointed board members. The PTSA hosts the Annual Craft Fair on the first Saturday of October; the 2021 Craft Fair is scheduled for Saturday, October 2.
May 24 – Executive Board meeting
June 28 – Executive Board meeting
July 26 – *Executive Board Budget meeting
January 24 – Association Board meeting
August 23 – *Executive Board meeting
February 28 – Executive Board meeting
September 27– Association meeting
March 28– Association Board meeting
October 25– Executive Board meeting
April 25 – Executive Board meeting
November 29 – Executive Board meeting
Moved due to Thanksgiving break
May 23 – *Executive Board meeting
December – No meeting
June 27 – *Executive Board meeting
The NewsFlash is designed to communicate with families about upcoming events and other news, but be sure to also check Bella Vista's website often, as it contains even more information and may answer many of your frequently asked questions. All parents who have a valid email address in the school's Q information system automatically receive the e-newsletter each week. If you are not, please contact the school at email@example.com.
MEMBERSHIPSupport your STUDENT and your SCHOOL— JOIN THE PTSA!
Or join on line here.
The PTSA is a volunteer association where parents, educators, students and other citizens can be active in their school and community.
Sign up to volunteer here
PTSA benefits students at Bella Vista High School by providing the following:
- Library/media supplies…Nook e-readers, laser printers, reference materials & library books.
- College & Career Center to assist students with questions about colleges and scholarships. A list of dates and speakers are listed below.
- Competition entry fees for Moot Court, Science Olympiad, Academic Decathlon, and Model UN.
- National PTA Reflection Program to promote the arts!
- Graduating high school senior scholarships - eligible to current BV senior students who are members of the PTSA.
- Safe and sober graduation event (Grad Nite).
- Grants for teachers.
- School supplies for “at risk” students.
- Appreciation to staff through periodic teacher appreciation lunches, treats, etc.
- School beautification…landscape, etc.
- Much more…
Benefits of being a PTSA member - discounts and perks
PTSA membership provides you with the opportunity to be part of your student’s education. In addition, there are discounts and perks for PTSA members listed at www.capta.org/join/member-perks/.
***DONATIONS - SUPPORT PTSA BY MAKING A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION*** Click here to download a Donation Form
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER – Check out the CCC link on BV’s web page for additional information about the CCC. Bella Vista High School's College and Career Center
SCHOLARSHIPS – There are three scholarships available to Graduating Seniors who are themselves, members of PTSA and also scholarships opportunities for teachers and counselors.
Graduating Senior Scholarships
1) Bella Vista's PTSA Scholarship - The Bella Vista High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) will award up to 15 $500 scholarships to graduating seniors of BVHS. The intent of the BV PTSA scholarship is to recognize and support Bella Vista students who are well-rounded and who have demonstrated service to their school and community through extra-curricular activities. Applicants must continue their education after high school at one of these levels: vocational/technical school, two-year community college, or four year university. Student (not parent) must be a current BV PTSA member and must have an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher. Application instructions and deadline information will be posted here early January 2023.
2) California State PTA Scholarship - $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship - applications must be filed with the State PTA. Graduating high school seniors are eligible to apply for the $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship. Applications are due February 1 (applications must be filed with the State PTA). All scholarships require current membership at PTAs/PTSAs in good standing, so if you are not a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to join today. For general questions about the State PTA scholarship, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman via firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship applications are available online at http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/graduating-high-school-seniors/.
3) California State PTA Scholarship - $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Scholarship for medical-field education - applications must be filed with the State PTA. Graduating high school seniors are eligible to apply for the $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship. Applications are due February 1 (applications must be filed with the State PTA). All scholarships require current membership at PTAs/PTSAs in good standing, so if you are not a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to join today. For general questions about the State PTA scholarship, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman via email@example.com. Scholarship applications are available online at http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/graduating-high-school-seniors/.
CONTINUE YOUR EDUCATION WITH PTA SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NURSES, TEACHERS, COUNSELORS AND VOLUNTEERS – Applications must be received by the State PTA by February 1st. Applications are available through http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/continuing-education/. Please review the link for information about what you need to do and where to send your application.
PTSA DOCUMENTS:CONTACT BV’s PTSA by emailing PTSABVHS@GMAIL.COM