TWIN LAKES CHOIR - 2019-2020!
All interested 4th, 5th and 6th grade students are invited to join the Twin Lakes choir. No prior musical or singing experience is necessary.
Choir begins on Wednesday, September 25th.
- The Twin Lakes choir practices on Wednesdays before school from 7:30 a.m. - 8:25 a.m. Occasionally, there will be an additional Tuesday rehearsal.
- There is no registration fee to join the choir, however, each singer must purchase a choir shirt, at a cost of $10. Choir shirts will feature the names of all choir members and will be what choir members wear for all performances.
Requirements for membership:
- a commitment to remain in the choir for the entire year
- regular, punctual attendance at every rehearsal
- participation in the Winter and Spring concerts and San Juan Sings
- appropriate behavior AND participation – you need to SING!
Participating in the school choir program is fun and rewarding! The Twin Lakes choir participates in numerous performances during the school year including singing the National Anthem at a Sacramento Kings basketball game, singing the National Anthem at a Sacramento River Cats game, San Juan Sings East, as well as performing for our very own student body during the school concerts in the winter and spring.
There are three concerts which have a mandatory performance requirement:
Our Winter Concert will be held on Wednesday December 11th in the MP Room – 6:30
San Juan Sings which will be held in March or April (date TBA).
Our Spring Concert will be held on Wednesday May 20th in the MP Room – 6:30
Twin Lakes Choir 2019-2020 Performances:
- WINTER CONCERT -Wednesday, December 11th @6:30 Twin Lakes MP room – required performance
- KINGS Game– National Anthem – Saturday, February 8th
Golden 1 Arena – KINGS vs. SPURS
- SAN JUAN SINGS EAST – Date still TBD – in the spring-required performance
- SPRING CONCERT - Wednesday, May 20th @6:30 Twin Lakes MP room – required performance
- RIVER CATS Game- National Anthem – Date TBD (in April or May)
Our Twin Lakes choir is a building block for students to continue in choir at the middle school and high school levels where there are even more opportunities to participate in many exciting school, area and state events.
To join choir – do the following:
- Read the Twin Lakes Choir Handbook for specific information about membership requirements and dates.
- Fill out the Twin Lakes Choir Contract/Registration form and return it to Ms. Thorgrimson. Both parent AND child must read and sign the contract.
- I’ll be signing up choir members on the following dates.
- Wednesday, September 11th – before school between 7:30 & 8:30 or after school between 3:05 and 5:15
- Tuesday, September 17th – before school between 7:30 & 8:30 or after school between 3:05 and 5:15
- Wednesday, September 18th – before school between 7:30 & 8:30
Then just come to the MP room the morning of September 25th and Sing!!
The Twin Lakes choir is directed by our music teacher, Janet Thorgrimson. Ms. Thorgrimson may be contacted by email at email@example.com