Welcome to Rio Americano High School
Articulation Timeline 2020-2021
- Parent Information Night will be available via a link to view at your own time. The link will be availble no later than November 4, 2020.
- Open enrollment is a process to request a school other than your neighborhood school or to return to your neighborhood school following a transfer. Once you receive your open enrollment results, you will be assigned to your school of choice which becomes your residence school or placed on the waiting list for that site. ALL waiting lists expire on Dec. 31 each year.
- Open Enrollment Lottery Closes January 15, 2021 @ 5:00 PM
-Inter-district transfer priority window January 4 - February 26 (For students who live outside of SJUSD)
- Private school students contact counseling office at Rio Americano High School to give info for receiving articulation meeting information
-Open Enrollment results will be mailed to families the first week of February.
-All Students in Charter Schools (Visons, Options, Choices, etc. ) and private schools must come to enroll, especillay if they get intoa SJUSD School through the Open Enrollment Lottery
-Enrollment date at Rio Americano - TBA - (will be notated in the open enrollment letter that is received)
- Intra-district transfers accepted March 1- April 30, 2021 (For students who did not go through open enrollment)
- Last day to enroll for Open Enrollment Placements - TBA - (will be notated in the open enrollment letter that is received)
- Any student who does not come in to enroll in their school of choice will lose their placement
- Invitations for articulation meetings mailed mid-march (This includes meetings for feeder school students as well as private school students)
- Incoming 9th Grade Articulation will take place the week of April 5th. We will be hosting a question and answer zoom event on April 6th.
- April 30, 2021: Intra District Window Closes
- After this day, no more transfers will be accepted, except hardship cases and newly enrolling families (at point of enrollment)