We no longer accept paper copies
The entire process is done electronically
All athletes wanting to participate in CIF sponsor sports, club sports, dance and cheer team
MUST register and complete the Athletic Clearance process online.
**The parent/guardian and student athlete, together, must complete the online athletic registration**
To begin the clearance process please visit www.athleticclearance.com to get started. You will have to sign up for each sport your athlete would like to participate in, in order for the coach to see if they have been cleared or not. Please allow 24-48 hours after you've uploaded the physical/or turned it into athletic director and completed the entire on-line portion for the administration to fully clear your athlete. If you have not received an email after that time confirming that your athlete has been cleared, it is probably due to incomplete forms or a failed upload of the physical/or have not turned in physical to Athletic Director. Physicals will be conducted on San Juan's campus 3 times per year, the dates will be provided.
***PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING***
1. Start the online process at Athletic Clearance - http://www.athleticclearance.com
2. Register for an account - use the parent's email address
3. Once registered, find the Start Clearance Here tab - if you have more than one student-athlete attending SJHS, you will need to add a clearance for each.
4. Fill in all of the information on the student information page - note, you must have insurance or purchase the school insurance in order for your student-athlete to be cleared.
5. Upload your completed physical form to the site toward the bottom on the student information page or hand in the physical form to the Athletic Director.
6. Complete the medical history form
7. Complete the Parent/Guardian Information page
8. The athlete AND the parent will need to electronically "sign" the required sections.
9. Submit the clearance
10. You will receive a confirmation email when everything has been submitted.
Please note that if your student plays multiple sports, you will be required to register for those sports as well. All sports will be open to sign-up during the summer. If you do not sign-up for a particular sport, the student-athlete will not show up on the cleared roster for the coach and will not be allowed to participate.
You will receive notice that your clearance has been received within 24-48 business hours. If you have not, it is because you have not completed the forms or the physical was not properly downloaded/or not turned in yet.
Athleticclearance.com Registration video - http://cartyws.wistia.com/medias/auqpoq4kv6