To Report an Absence:
When your child is going to be absent or tardy it is the parent's responsibility to notify the school. To report a student absence you may call the attendance line at (916) 971-5234 option 1 (available 24 hours a day) or e-mail the attendance clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following:
- The first and last name of the student
- The date of the absence
- The reason for the absence
- The name and relationship of the person who is verifying the absence
The district has an absence notification system that alert parents to a student absence by both phone and e-mail. Parents will then also be able to verify the students absence with the school via either phone or e-mail. Absences need to be cleared within 5 days or they will become a cut.
The San Juan Unified School District has kicked off a campaign to increase student attendance. Everyday Counts: Miss School - Miss Out! Student success starts with good attendance and is the shared responsibility of student, family and school.
Please support our efforts to increase attendance. We encourage parents to make a conscientious effort to:
- Insure students arrive to school and class on time
- Plan family vacations during non-school days and summer break
- Try to schedule doctor/dental appointments for your child after school hours
- Bring students to school before and after appointments that are scheduled during the school day. Please don't forget to provide a doctor/dental note for the office.
- Allow a child to stay home only when he/she has a contagious illness or is too sick to be comfortable at school