HOMECOMING DANCE IS OCTOBER 15th!
Tickets on sale September 26th - October 13th
Purchase tickets at the finance window or purchase single tickets without ASB on MySchoolBucks.com
Guest pass paperwork is in the VP office.
Single ticket $25
Single ticket with ASB $20
Couple tickets $50
Couple tickets with ASB $40
If you have financial need please talk to the counseling office.
Dances at Rio Americano High School
GRADE REQUIREMENT FOR DANCE ATTENDANCE:
Students who currently have 3 or more F's will not be able to purchase tickets to Rio Americano dances.
GUEST PASS APPLICATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
To attend a dance at Rio Americano High School is a privilege. To ensure a fun, safe time for all students, the following are the requirements for a guest pass.
- Only ONE guest pass per Rio Americano student.
- Guest must TAKE this application to their administrator for Signature & Business Card.
- No guest over the age of 20 years or a student below the ninth (9th) grade will be admitted.
- The guest must show STUDENT PHOTO ID or if not a student, s/he must show a PHOTO ID (i.e., Driver’s License).
- Each guest pass is verified for accuracy. Any forged signatures result in forfeit of dance attendance by the Rio student and guest.
- The RA student host is responsible for informing the guest of all RA behavior, dance and dress code rules. Obey all RA rules and regulations while at the dance.
- Be willing to submit to a search for alcohol, drugs or tobacco products, none of which is allowed in or on the Rio Americano campus.
- Behave in a courteous and polite manner at all times. Any disruption of a school dance, such as fighting or willful disobedience of a school official, can result in the arrest of the guest. Any guest who misbehaves or violates any school rules will be barred from attending any future Rio Americano dance. Rio Americano students are responsible for the behavior of their guest. Besides the above consequences for the guest, the Rio student may not invite any more guests to Rio dances for the remainder of the school year. Furthermore, the Rio student may face punishment at Rio Americano for the infraction the invited guest, including, but not limited to, suspension and social probation.
FOR GUEST PASS USE FORM BELOW
RIO AMERICANO DANCE RULES
Rio Americano dances are important social events for students. The school must maintain a reasonable standard of appropriate behavior and dance movements. Students must recognize that movements and dance styles present in non-school settings or portrayed in the entertainment industry are not always appropriate in the high school setting. Therefore, the following guidelines will be used to determine appropriate behavior and dance movements.
All Rio Americano High School rules will be enforced at school dances.
RIO AMERICANO DANCE RULES (CURRENT SCHOOL I.D. REQUIRED AT ALL DANCES)
**There will be zero tolerance on following of the rules**
1. No tickets will be sold at the door. All tickets must be purchased by 4:00 P.M. on the last Thursday prior to the dance. Current student ID is required to purchase dance tickets. Tickets are sold in the Financial Office before and after school, during break and lunch. All tickets must be purchased in advance. Students will not be admitted without a receipt. Replacement ID’s have a 24 hour turnaround time. No replacement student photo ID’s will be made the last day of ticket sales.
2. NO Refunds will be given.
3. Admission into the dance will be allowed during the first hour only. Special circumstances resulting from school sanctioned events must be brought to an administrator’s attention at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the dance.
4. Rio Americano dances are for Rio Americano students and their pre-registered guests only. Guest passes must be submitted to the Vice Principal’s Office by school closing on the Wednesday prior to the dance. Only one (1) guest or date may be invited and registered per student. A guest or date must arrive with the student who invited and registered him/her. Guests must adhere to all rules. No guests over the age of 20 or enrolled in middle school will be approved.
5. Students AND guests must show current picture identification to be admitted.
6. Tobacco, drugs, and alcohol, will not be allowed at the dance or on school property.
7. Students who are in possession of drugs or alcohol or who are intoxicated at the dance will have the following consequences imposed:
§ 5-day suspension and possible expulsion referral
§ Referral to law enforcement.
§ 4-week period of social probation during which time the student will not be allowed to participate in any extracurricular activity, including athletics.
8. Dancing needs to be appropriate for a school setting. Students who engage in dancing deemed inappropriate will be removed and will lose dance attendance privileges. If large groups engage in such activities, it may be necessary to stop the music and end the dance. We want to maintain a safe atmosphere conducive to everyone's enjoyment. The school administration and staff chaperones will use their best judgment to identify dance moves or styles that are contrary to the dance rules.
9. Students may leave the dance at any time. However, once a student leaves the dance, he or she must leave campus and may not return to the dance.
10. Loitering in the parking lot or around the campus will not be permitted. Students and guests must leave immediately after the conclusion of the dance.
11. Students may have NO MORE THAN 2 F’s. Tickets will NOT BE SOLD to students who have 3 or more F’s.
§ For semi-formal dances (Homecoming Dance and Spring Fling): School dress code is enforced at the dance with the following exceptions: Spaghetti straps, strapless dresses, and backless clothing (halters) may be worn, but may not expose midriff or undergarments. Long pants and collared shirts and ties are required for gentlemen. All attire will be subject to the approval of the administration at the door, and all judgments will be final.
§ For formal dances (Junior Prom and Senior Ball): School dress code is enforced at the dance with the following exceptions: Spaghetti straps, strapless dresses, and backless clothing (halters) may be worn, but may not expose midriff or undergarments. Dress pants and collared shirts, ties, and jackets are required for gentlemen. All attire will be subject to the approval of the administration at the door, and all judgments will be final.
§ For casual dances (Back to School): School dress code is enforced at the dance with the following exceptions: Spaghetti straps and backless clothing (halters) may be worn, but may not expose midriff or undergarments.
§ Dance photos: Dance photos showing students engaged in inappropriate conduct (e.g., sexually suggestive poses or dress, crude, profane or gang related behavior) will not be permitted or distributed. Students must have both feet on the ground for all dance photos. Students will be subject to disciplinary actions.