April 26th, 2022
Dear Parents of Incoming Pasteur Students,
Pasteur’s Articulation Night is scheduled for Wednesday, May 4th in our Multi-purpose room. Students and their families will meet with Pasteur staff to talk about placement and elective choices for their fall schedule. No appointment is necessary.
Students whose last name starts with A-K will meet between 6:00 pm and 6:45 pm.
Students whose last name begins with L-Z will meet between 6:45 pm and 7:30 pm.
If your student is interested in Honors classes, you will need to submit an Honors Program Student Application and a completed Honors Teacher Recommendation form by May 15th. The applications links can also be found on our website under: Honors Forms. (www.sanjuan.edu/pasteur). You may also drop by the school to pick up forms or call us and we will mail or email them to you. Your student will need to share the Teacher Recommendation form link with a current teacher. The teacher will complete the form online. Further information is below:
- Students will be able to apply for placement in one, two or all three Honor’s classes (English, History and/or Science).
- Information used to determine placement will include I-Ready and CAASPP test data, grades in the core subject areas, and school/teacher recommendations.
- Motivation, work habits, and interest level of the student relative to each subject requested will also be considered as those skills align with the College & Career Readiness Standards articulated in the Common Core Standards.
- The Exploration Wheel: Students will be randomly placed in art, woodshop or computers for the first semester and then roll to a different elective class for 2nd For example: A student might have woodshop first semester and roll to either art or computers for the 2nd semester.
- Band (Band Information Survey)
The following electives require an application (available on our website & at this event)
- Student Government – Arrange dances, rallies and other student activities throughout the school year. (Student Government Application)
- AVID for 7th and 8th grade (AVID Application)
- Media – Students prepare daily Tiger TV announcements and create videos (Application)
- Student Assistant – for a teacher or in the office, library, café or custodial (8th grade)