My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Mistakes are proof that you are trying"
Welcome to the new 2020-2021 school year at Winston Churchill Middle School.
No doubt that the last springs introduction into distance learning was a learning experience for everyone. We were all able to get through it with success that lead us to our new school year. Although these are uncharted territories it is definetly a year that we can get through together.Middle school can be a time of great accomplishments while also being a time of growth. There are so many new and exciting things that the students will be learning this year, some of it review but some of it new. From zoom meetings, to assignments, to homeowrk it can all seem overwhelming but rest assured that I will make sure that myself and Ms. Watts, our instructional aide, will do what we can to make sure that our students/your children are successful and accomplished in the retention of prevous math skills that and the gaining of new math skills.
Because Distance Learning can be a bit difficult to navigate, here are some tips that will hopefully bring you success
1. Make sure that your child has proper rest, an adequate breakfast and exercise if possible so that they will be alert and ready to learn. Having to do a variety of zoom meetingss each day can be a bit much but with the right energy the students will be just fine.
2. Please utilize the help that is available. I am available through 3 different avenues which are email, google classroom and phone number. I make myself very available to my students and their parents if there is any assistance that they need. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need help with any of the assignments or even the zoom meetings. If you desire a zoom conference please do reach out to me.
3. Attendence is very important. Unlike the spring, attendance will be taken so students need to make sure that they zoom into every zoom meeting. If consecutive zoom meetings are missed is will count against you in attendence.
4. Complete all assignments and homework. Grading will be done this year with our usual A-F grading system. All assignments including homeowork and assessments will be worth points. If you need any help with any of these please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
5. Many updates are posted in google classroom so please make sure that you check often.
Ms. Walshams schedule
1st period: General Math (6th grade)
2nd period: General Math (7th/8th grade)
4th period: General Math (7th/8th grade)
5th period: General Math Tutorial (6th/7th/8th grade)
6th period: General Math Tutorial (6th/7th/8th grade)