Please make sure to clear any absences with the front office. Call (916) 971-5246
Every week we have incentives for the students who are here on time every day during that week. Students get entered into a raffle and every Friday prizes are given out to the raffle winners. It's very important that students are here every day so they don't miss out on anything. So please make sure they are here and on time.
Facts About School Attendance
- Multiple absences in the first month of school can predict poor attendance throughout the school year. Half the students who miss 2-4 days in September go on to miss nearly a month of school.
- Over 8 million U.S. students miss nearly a month of school each year.
- Poor attendance can influence whether children read proficiently by the end of third grade.
- Research shows that missing 10 percent of school, or about 18 days in most school districts, negatively affects a student’s academic performance. That’s just two days a month and that’s known as chronic absence.
- When students improve their attendance rates, they improve their academic prospects and chances of graduating.