1. Where are you located? Please see our location maps, 7322 Sunrise Blvd., Citrus Heights, CA 95610 or by phone at (916) 971-7654.
2. Where can I park? At Sunrise Tech Center, you may park in any of the (non-staff or otherwise designated) parking spaces on campus. Parking is available in the front parking lot on Sunrise Blvd and in the large parking lot behind the campus, accessible from Oak Ave. All parking is FREE!
On the Creekside Adult Center campus, located at 2641 Kent Drive, Sacramento, CA 95821, you may park to the right after coming through the gate on Kent Drive. All parking is FREE!
3. Are you accredited? Yes, we are accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
4. How do I enroll in Adult School?
There are two ways:
• Online – register at Sunrise Tech Center Online Registration (credit card (Visa or Mastercard only).
• Walk In – you may register on campus or in person with cash, check or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
Do not wait until the first day of class to register! It is highly recommended to enroll at least one week or earlier before the first day of class.
5. When do I pay for the classes? It is very important to register early. Classes that do not have adequate enrollment will be cancelled before the first class session. Payment is due at time of registration.
If you registered:
• Online – you will pay with Visa or MasterCard prior to the class starting. ($2.50 service fee/non-refundable)
• As a walk-in – you will pay for your class prior to the first class session with cash, check, or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
6. How old do I have to be to take classes? You must be an adult, which is defined as any person 18 years or older.
7. Do I need to buy books for my classes? Some classes (Computer and Work Skills, High School Subjects, English as a Second Language) provide classroom materials not to be taken out of class). Independent Study requires a $60 refundable book deposit to take classroom materials and/or textbooks home to use for study. Many of the medical, computer, and other Career Technical Education courses include the textbook with registration and a pre-loaded flash drive (please see our Catalog of Classes for details). Text and supplementary materials not included may be obtained from a source of your choosing; such as a local book store or an on-line source (we do not provide any refunds on textbook purchases). Book information, title, publisher, ISBN numbers are available upon request. You can view the book list on our web sites, or request a list from the campus office.
8. Can I get a refund? Refunds will ONLY be given if the class is cancelled by the district. If a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, a full refund will be made. A minimum enrollment is required for each class. Refund checks will be mailed only to the registered party or individual who made the payment and may take 6-8 weeks for processing by our District Office. Please select your classes carefully as there are NO REFUNDS. If you miss the first class session, you may be dropped and there is no refund.
9. Should I get a GED certificate or a high school diploma? We recommend that you speak with our academic counselor on campus to help you make an informed decision.
Counseling hours are:
Monday: Counselor assists with registration 2:30pm-4:30pm
Tuesday: Office hours 4:30pm-6:30pm; no appointment needed (first come/first serve)
Counseling services are not available during the summer session (August to June only).
10. When are the placement tests? On-site placement tests are required for enrollment in English as a Second Language, Adult Basic Skills, High School Diploma, Independent Study, GED preparation programs and Clinical Medical Assistant program.
• ESL Placement Tests are offered at Sunrise Tech Center in Room #9 and Creekside Adult Center in Room #8. Please reference our school calendar on our website for dates and times.
• Adult Basic Education, GED Test Preparation, Registration and Placement Tests are offered on most Mondays 2:30 pm Room #10.
• High School Diploma / Independent Study Orientation, Registration and Placement Tests are offered on most Mondays 2:30 pm Room #10.
11. How do I sign up for a GED test? Sunrise Tech Center is a Pearson VUE-authorized Test Center. For information on how to register for the GED Test go to www.ged.com. You will need to create an account with GED Testing service to allow you to schedule a test. Please be aware that all GED registration, payment and test scores are exclusively accessed through the GED Testing Service.
12. Will I receive a certificate when I complete a course? Yes, for many/most of our classes, upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate.