1. Where are you located? Sunrise Tech Center, 7322 Sunrise Blvd., Citrus Heights, CA 95610 or by email at Adult.Education@sanjuan.edu or phone at (916) 971-7654.
2. Where can I park? At Sunrise Tech Center, you may park in any of the (non-staff or otherwise designated) parking spaces on campus. Parking is available in the front parking lot on Sunrise Blvd and in the large parking lot behind the campus, accessible from Oak Ave. All parking is FREE!
On the Encina Adult Education campus is located at 1400 Bell Street, Sacramento, CA 95825. You may park toward the back of the campus where the portables are located. All parking is FREE!
3. Are you accredited? Yes, we are accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
4. How do I enroll in Adult School? Currently, we are registering students online for our FREE ESL (English as a Second Language), FREE High School Completion, FREE GED Preparation classes. Registration for these classes are continuous throughout the school year. We are also currently enrolling for some Community Education and Career Technical Education class offerings. Please click here for a list of those fee-based classes.
• Online – register at San Juan Adult Education Online Registration
*We highly recommend that you do not wait until the first day of class to register for our Community Education and Career Technical Classes! It is best to enroll at least one week or earlier before the first day of class as under-enrolled classes tend to get cancelled.
5. When do I pay for the fee-based classes? It is very important to register early. Classes that do not have adequate enrollment will be cancelled before the first class session. Payment is due at time of registration.
If you registered:
• Online – you will pay with a credit or debit card prior to the class starting. ($2.50 service fee/non-refundable)
6. How old do I have to be to take classes? You must be an adult, which is defined as any person 18 years or older.
7. Do I need to buy books for my classes? Some classes (High School Subjects, English as a Second Language) provide classroom materials not to be taken out of class). Independent Study requires a $60 refundable book deposit to take classroom materials and/or textbooks home to use for study. Our Career Technical Education course tuition does not include textbooks with registration. Text and supplementary materials not included may be obtained from a source of your choosing; such as a local book store or an on-line source like Amazon.com (we do not provide any refunds on textbook purchases). Book information, title, publisher, ISBN numbers are available upon request. You can view the book list on our websites, or request a list from the campus office.
8. Can I get a refund? Refunds will ONLY be given if the class is cancelled by San Juan Adult Education. If a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, a full refund will be made. A minimum enrollment is required for each class. Approved refunds will only go back to the registered party or individual who made the payment. Please select your classes carefully as there are NO REFUNDS. If you miss the first class session, you may be dropped and there is no refund.
9. Should I get a GED certificate or a high school diploma? We recommend that you speak with our academic counselor to help you make an informed decision. Our counselor can be reached at (916) 979-8047 on Mondays and Tuesdays...hours listed below.
Counseling hours are:
Mondays & Tuesdays: 11:30am - 4:00pm No appointment needed (first come/first serve)
Counseling services are not available during the summer session (August to June only).
10. When are the placement tests? On-site placement tests are required for enrollment in English as a Second Language, Adult Basic Skills, High School Diploma, Independent Study, and GED preparation programs.
After you have completed your ESL on-line registration form at: click here San Juan Adult Education Online Registration you will be contacted by an ESL staff member to be scheduled for an in-person placement test at one of our Adult Education campuses and an on-line orientation meeting via Zoom.
After you complete your high school or GED prep online registration form at: click here San Juan Adult Education Online Registration you will schedule your own orientation and placement test appointment by clicking on the picktime link on the last page of the online registration form, which reads Thank you for your submission.
11. How do I sign up for a GED test?
Sunrise Tech Center is a Pearson VUE-authorized Test Center. For information on how to register for the GED Test go to www.GED.com. You will need to create an account with GED Testing service to allow you to schedule a test. Please be aware that all GED registration, payment and test scores are exclusively accessed through the GED Testing Service.
12. Will I receive a certificate when I complete a course? Yes, for many/most of our classes, upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion.