Mass notification system
The district uses a mass notification system to share important information with parents and guardians. The system is used for standard communications as well as emergency communication. Here are a few tips to ensure you receive the most benefit from the system:
- Make sure your contact information is updated with the school. Parent and guardian contact information is updated from our student information system into the mass notification system each night. If your information is outdated in our student system it will be outdated in the mass notification system.
- Our system allows us to send messages as voice calls, emails, text messages and push notifications to the district’s mobile app. General outreach messages are usually sent as voice calls and emails. Emergency messages will be sent out using all methods.
- You can change which messages you receive via different methods using the district’s mobile app. See below for details.
- You have the ability to opt-out of messages by pushing a number at the end of a call or by clicking a link in email messages. If you opt-out of messages you may not receive emergency messages. If you’re unsure of what message you will receive please contact the district’s community relations and communication office at (916) 979-8281.
Parents/guardians have the option to set delivery preferences and to view messages from the mass notification system.
Using the district’s mobile app:
- Download and install the mobile app from your device's app store.
- Open the app and select the settings icon located at the top right of your device's screen.
- Choose the "Follow Schools" menu item to select the schools that your students attend.
- Select the message options for each school then return to the settings screen.
- Under Alerts, select "Edit Delivery Preferences".
- Select the delivery method icons (app, text, phone and email) for each type of notification (attendance, balance, survey and other).
- Check the checkbox next to the phone number or email address to receive the notifications.
- Repeat for each notification type and method.
- Select "SAVE" when finished.
Using a desktop computer:
- Visit www.sanjuan.edu/notify, log in using your Parent PIN and Password.
- Select "Account" from the black bar on the top right of the screen.
- On the first tab, which is "Account Info," you will see a section called "Delivery Preferences." Here you will see the contact information we already have on file for you. If any of this information needs to be changed, please contact your child's school's front office so they can update our Student Information System. You are not able to edit the numbers that are already in the system.
- You can add additional contact methods, however. Click "add" on the lower right-hand corner and select the type of contact you'd like to add. Follow the steps to add in additional contact information.
- Once you have all of the contact methods you would like to add, you can change your delivery preferences by clicking the "Delivery Preferences" tab. On this tab, you will see the different types of calls we send. The most common calls you receive are categorized as "Other," while the Emergency category would be those related to school emergency messages (lockdown, etc.). To the right of these message types, you will see the four methods we can use to reach you. If the icon is green, that means we have contact information for you on file to use.
Learn more by watching this brief instructional video: