COVID-19 Employee Updates

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I access my email? 

    Visit the San Juan Portal and click the Employee Email tile. Then click Office 365 Email.  

    How do I access the intranet? 

    Visit the San Juan Portal and click the intranet tile. You can find archived updates for employees and download important forms, such as the Leave of Absence form, on the intranet.  

    How do I submit a time card? 

    Employees on a time card can scan or email a photo of their time card to submit your time card as is – you do not need to include the signature of approval or budget codes if you do not have access to them. For privacy purposes, please use your Employee ID Number rather than your Social Security Number on your time card. You can look up your Employee ID number on ESS (visit the San Juan Portal and click the ESS tile). 

    Will I be paid during the closures? 

    Yes, base salary and benefits will continue according to your collective bargaining agreement. 

    How do I access pay stubs or view my leave? 

    Visit the San Juan Portal and click the ESS tile.  

    I usually get a paper check at my school/work site. What will happen now? 

    Paper checks will be mailed to the address on file for employees. Those that have signed up for direct deposit will continue to be paid through direct deposit.  

    How can I sign up for direct deposit? 

    Visit the San Juan Portal and click the ESS tile. Under “My Info” click on “Payroll.” Under “Pay History” you can change check preferences.  

    How do I change my tax withholdings? 

    Employees wanting to change their tax withholdings can complete the W-4 Federal Withholding Form and the DE-4 State Withholding Form and mail them to the district office at: 

    San Juan Unified School District

    Attn: Payroll 

    3738 Walnut Ave. 

    Carmichael, CA 95608 

    How do I update my contact information to receive emergency notifications? 

    You can find instructions on how to update your preferences for our notification system at assistance, please call (916) 971-7621.