Family & Student Resources During School Closure
The following page has many important links to support our students and families during our current school closure.
Mesa Verde Distance Learning Plan and Virtual Bell Schedule
- View our Distance Learning Plan and Virtual Bell Schedule here - English
- View our Distance Learning Plan and Virtual Bell Schedule here - Espanol
Mesa Verde Distance Learning Grading Policy
MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter
- MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter 07 [Tuesday 2020 May 26]
- MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter 06 [Monday 2020 May 18]
- MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter 05 [Monday 2020 May 11]
- MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter 04 [Monday 2020 May 04]
- MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter 03 [Monday 2020 April 27]
- MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter 02 [Monday 2020 April 20]
- MVHS Supports Weekly Newsletter 01 [Monday 2020 April 13]
MVHS Teacher Enrichment Activities Folders
San Juan USD Support for Online Access, Information, and Learning tools
SJUSD Portal Help:
- Parent - Parent Portal Access Directions
- Student - Student Portal Access Directions
- San Juan USD Free Online Enrichment Resources for Families Page: Online enrichment resources for families to utilize during school closures
- Community and District Resources: Use this database to search for resources in the Sacramento region and within the San Juan USD
- San Juan USD Website Information Links: Family Resource
- San Juan USD Meal Program: San Juan Unified will provide an opportunity for families to pick up two meals daily (lunch and breakfast for the following day) in a mobile walk-up or drive-thru meal service for children 18 and under. This will begin Tuesday, March 17 at 26 school sites from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. At this time, this service will continue through Friday, April 3, Monday through Friday. Locations listed.
- Updates With The Meal Program (Friday 2020 May 16): Please read the PDF files in the links below -
Google Classroom Help:
- Parent - Parents Guide to Google Classroom for San Juan Parents
- Student - Student Google Classroom Access Directions
- Student - How to log in to Google Classroom - VIDEO
- Student - Google Classroom Student Interface - VIDEO
- Student - How to submit assignments in Google Classroom - VIDEO
(**More Videos will be posted as they become available**)
Counseling / Supports Information and Resources
- Letters to Families from the Counseling Department
- Student and Family Supports - Questions During the Mesa Verde Closure: For Students and Families: If you have a question, or are needing supports and resources while Mesa Verde is closed during the COVID-19 outbreak, please complete the form. Counseling and Support staff will reach out to you.
: Para estudiantes y familias: si tiene una pregunta, o necesita apoyo y recursos mientras Mesa Verde está cerrada durante el brote de COVID-19, complete el formulario a continuación. El personal de consejeria y apoyo se comunicará con usted.
- CSU Admissions Information (as a result of COVID-19)
- UC Admissions Information (as a result of COVID-19)
Advanced Placement (AP), ACT/SAT, and Other State Testing Updates
- AP Testing Schedule (Updated as a result of COVID-19)
- College Board Updates (SAT and AP)
- ACT Testing Updates
Community Links / Business Links
- Citrus Height Food and Meal Resources
- Comcast Internet Access Information: Details for accessing Comcast Internet Essentials
- Other Internet Access Information: Comcast, At&t, Consolidated Communications
- COVID-19 Health on Wheels SJUSD Medical: Elica Health Centers in partnership with SJUSD is here to serve you. Elica Health Centers Health on Wheels (HOW) mobile clinic will provide to students and their families Monday - Thursday from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Delay-Of-Rent Resource: Tenant Protection Proram - (COVID-19)
- Food Pantry - Advent Lutheran Church [ Call first (916) 965-5431 ]: Local food pantry. Please call first.
- Sacramento ACT COVID-19 Emergency Fund: Eligibility: Applicants must be residents of Sacramento or Yolo County. Funds will be prioritized for people that are not eligible for federal relief or eligible for unemployment insurance, and with household income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level (see chart: bit.ly/SacACTEmergencyFundGuidelines).
Library Recommended Information and Resources
Non-Profit and Corporate Resources (Library Verified)Amazing Educational Resources: An extensive list of websites from Education Companies offering free access due to School Closings (Updated). Covers all grade levels and all subjects.EverFi: Teach your students essential life skills that will improve their lives outside of the classroom with our interactive digital courses.
- California State Library Databases: These include Encyclopedia Britannica, ProQuest, and TeachingBooks.net. Passwords, for use off campus, for these programs, can be accessed using the information on the PDF flyer opened by clicking the heading link.
- Sacramento Public Library (SPL): SJUSD students can access any digital resource available from Sacramento Public Library (SPL) using their “Student Success Card”. SPL Student Success Card Information Page
Username: sj + student ID number (six digits)
Password: year of birth (4 digits)
Digital resources include the 60+ databases subscribed to by SPL, and also digital magazines, e-books, e-audiobooks, music, and much more.
KQED At-Home Learning Resources: KQED is offering an at-home learning response to school closures for all children and youth in California. This response includes a new educational schedule for broadcast on KQED Plus in the Bay Area as well as free corresponding digital learning media and activities for at-home learning.
- 15 of the Best Places to Find Free Books Online: Websites that offer a variety of access to free books (some classics ; some current), shorts stories, eBooks, and audio books.
Free Online Resources and Materials: A very broad range and number of websites that provide educational sites and resources for grades K-8 and 9-12, Special Education, ELL, Counseling, and more.
Google Arts & Culture: The digital platform utilizes high-resolution image technology and enables users to virtually tour partner museums’ galleries, explore physical and contextual information about artworks, and compile their own virtual collection.
The Learning Network: Our mission is to offer rich and imaginative materials for teaching and learning using New York Times content. Every weekday we offer new educational resources based on the articles, photographs, videos, illustrations, podcasts and graphics published in The New York Times – all for free.
Math Nation: Math Nation is a dynamic online mathematics teaching and learning platform developed by the University of Florida Lastinger Center for Learning in partnership with Study Edge. Math Nation provides around-the-clock access to high-quality 6-8th Grade Math, Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, PSAT, and SAT resources