Frequently Asked Questions regarding Distance Learning for Fall 2020
Distance Learning FAQ for Fall 2020
- How does my child attend school?
- Every morning by 9am, your student should be logged in to a Zoom class. There will be 4 classes every day (and 7 on Wednesdays). Watch the Video above on the Zoom Schedule for more information.
- Will attendance be required?
- Yes. Attendance will be taken every class period, every day via Zoom. If you child is logged in to the Zoom session, it will automatically tell the teacher what time s/he logged in.
- What happens if my child does not log in to his/her Zoom classes?
- This will count as a cut for the class period/day. You will receive a phone call from attendance stating that your child was absent for one or more periods (just like you used to).
- Will teachers be required to Zoom with my students?
- Yes. Every teacher is now required to Zoom for 30 minutes per period daily with his/her students. During that ‘live instruction,’ your teachers will go over any new material and/or upcoming assignments that will be posted in Google Classroom.
- What do I do if I need a schedule change for my child?
- Contact your counselor via email. You may need to return a textbook (in person) and pick up a new one if it is a course change.