San Juan Central issues work permits when school is not in session between June 29 - July 27, you may request a work permit from San Juan Central by submitting a work permit application (B1-1).
Email all completed and signed forms to Kirsten Pogue at email@example.com. Kristen will process your application and email you a pdf of your permit. You will then Print, Sign, and Deliver your permit to your employer.
Summer permits will Expire in mid-August. Be ready to submit a new application and receive a new permit at the start of the school year.
Open Letter to Students about Work Permits
Thank you for your interest in getting your work permit. If you are a minor (under 18) and have not yet graduated from high school…
WHEN you confirm you have been hired, because you are a minor and have not yet graduated high school, your new employer will ask for a permit.
- You, your parent/guardian, and your employer will have to fill out a "Work Permit Request Form." CDE Form B1-1
- You will turn in the request to me.
- I will check on your attendance and your quality of work with your Teacher.
- IF you have good attendance and good quality of work:
- I will start a permit.
- I will sign and date the permit.
- I will issue you a signed copy of an official Work Permit.
- You sign it and you give the FINAL signed permit to your employer.
UNTIL you graduate or turn 18, whichever comes first, you will need a new permit at the start of a new job, the start of a new school year, or the start of a new school.
Congratulations on all your job opportunities. I am here to support you in the work world. I am available to answer your questions about a professional resume and education related to your career field interests.
Youth Employment Tech I
La Entrada: El Sereno: Meraki High
More Information on Permits