What is Induction?
Induction is a two year program, accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), offered to clear Preliminary California Teaching Credentials. Our Induction program provides on-site, job embedded mentoring to support growth in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs).
Who is eligible for San Juan Unified's Teacher Induction Program?
Teachers holding a Preliminary Teaching Credential (General Education and Education Specialists), and are employed part or full time as a teacher of record in San Juan Unified School District. If you have questions about the status of credentials you hold in California or your renewal requirements, please visit Commission on Teacher Credentialing to view your California credentials.
How do I enroll in Induction?
- Complete the "Induction Eligibility Form" with Human Resources
- Complete the digital consent form at Induction Orientation
What does the San Juan Unified Teacher Induction Program provide?
- On site, job embedded mentoring from a skilled Mentor
- Opportunity to engage in meaningful inquiry related to your teaching assignment
- Non-evaluative and confidential relationship with a program Mentor
- Collegial connections with a community of educators
- Strategic and self-selected professional development to promote growth in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs)
- A release day to observe Veteran Teachers
- Guidance toward completion of all Professional Clear Credential requirements
What is the cost?
There is no cost for eligible San Juan Unified employees. Many other Induction programs charge a fee. If you are a non San Juan Unified employee and would like to participate in our Induction Program, please contact Christie Waldron.
What is the time commitment?
You will have weekly meetings with your mentor for 60 minutes. There are additional Induction meetings and events throughout the year.
I participated in Induction before but did not complete the program. What do I do?
Contact the Induction Program Lead Consulting Teacher Christie Waldron.