Employee Bargaining Groups
San Juan Unified School District believes a major element of student success is the partnership it has with all of its labor organizations. Through collaborative problem-solving, the possibilities for student success are endless. Our partnership is based on trust, integrity and respect, and a commitment to our students, staff, and community.
The district negotiates contracts with five organized employee unions:
- California School Employees Association - representing all other classified employees except the managers and confidential units
- San Juan Professional Educators Coalition - representing principals and other certificated administrators
- San Juan Supervisors Association - representing classified supervisors
- San Juan Teachers Association - representing all teachers, counselors, and other non-management certificated employees
- Teamsters - representing the bus drivers
Agreements are also reached with the San Juan Administrators Association and the Confidential Group.