Arcade Fundamental Modernization
A full campus redesign is planned for Arcade Fundamental Middle School at its existing location. The campus will have the capacity to accommodate 650 students and will include a new maker space, classroom buildings and multipurpose room.
- February 2022 - Design work began
- February-May 2022 - Conducted technical studies, including traffic studies
- March-June 2022 - Drafted CEQA documents
- July 2022 - Public review of CEQA documents
- August 2022 - Finalized CEQA documents
- Winter 2022 - Construction began on campus modernization
- July 2024 - Construction expected to be completed
The voices of the students, families, staff members and the entire community are vital to the process of developing new facilities and adjusting middle school boundaries in the Arden-Arcade region. There are several ways you can share your voice throughout the process:
- Share thoughts anytime online: Feedback on the district’s investments in middle schools in the Arden-Arcade region and adjustments to middle school boundaries can be provided at any time using the Arden-Arcade investments feedback form.
- Sign up for email updates: Please fill out the online form to receive email communication about project updates and milestones.
- Will the property line be changed or updated?
- Will the buildings be single story?
- Does the district plan to have landscaping between the building and fence line?
- Will the campus have a security fence?
- Will there be a sound barrier included for the residential neighbors?
- Is the fire lane on the backside of Building D (between the property line and the building) drivable?
- Will there be a fence to block students from entering the fire lane?
- What time will construction activities start and end during the day?
- What is the estimate start date for construction?
- If a student is biking or walking to school, how can they safely enter and exit the campus?
- Where can we direct feedback?