Katherine Johnson New Campus
A new Katherine Johnson Middle School is anticipated to be built on the current Creekside property, located at 2641 Kent Drive in Sacramento. The potential new campus will have the capacity to accommodate 650 students and looks to include a new maker space, an outdoor learning area, classroom buildings and a multipurpose room.
- February 2022 - Design work begins
- February-May 2022 - Conduct technical studies, including traffic studies
- July 2022 - Draft CEQA documents
- September 2022 - Public review of CEQA documents
- November 2022 - Finalize CEQA documents
- TBD 2023 - Construction expected to begin
- TBD 2024 - Construction expected to be completed
The voices of the students, families, staff members and the entire community are vital to the process of developing new facilities and adjusting middle school boundaries in the Arden-Arcade region. There are several ways you can share your voice throughout the process:
- Share thoughts anytime online: Feedback on the district’s investments in middle schools in the Arden-Arcade region and adjustments to middle school boundaries can be provided at any time using the Arden-Arcade investments feedback form.
- Sign up for email updates: Please fill out the online form to receive email communication about project updates and milestones.
- Where is Katherine Johnson Middle School located currently?
- When did Katherine Johnson Middle School open?
- Where do students who attend Katherine Johnson Middle School live?
- What factors are driving the need for a relocation of Katherine Johnson Middle School from the Encina Preparatory High School campus?
- Were COVID-related reduced enrollments considered?
- Can San Juan Unified add portable classrooms to existing school sites to meet the forecasted student enrollment demand?
- What is the funding source for the new middle schools in the west region?
- What alternative sites were considered for the relocation of Katherine Johnson Middle School?
- Is it possible to have Katherine Johnson Middle School relocated to another site within the district?
- How much space is needed, per state regulations, for a middle school of this size (650 students)?
- How much space is available at the Creekside site?
- Will Katherine Johnson Middle School moving to Creekside mean that there are no longer any playing fields?
- Was a CEQA study done for this project?
- How will traffic flow at the proposed site?