The next meeting of the Board of Education will be on Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 6:30 p.m. Agendas for regular meetings of the board are typically posted the Friday prior to the meeting date but are posted at least 72 hours in advance
Board meetings are held in person in the board room located at 3738 Walnut Avenue in Carmichael. Alternatively, you can view the board meeting on YouTube from a computer, mobile device or tablet. The YouTube link can be found on the district's YouTube channel or by visiting www.sanjuan.edu/boardmeeting where the link will be posted approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
About the Board
The Board of Education of the San Juan Unified School District welcomes you to be an active part of our district. Public participation and open communication help us understand how you feel about the challenges we face in governing our schools.
Among its many responsibilities as the official governing body of the school district, the Board:
- Hears the views of the public
- Sets district policies and goals
- Decides how to prioritize and spend the district's funds
- Keeps in touch with other school boards and government bodies
- Oversees employee relations
- Approves contracts
- Establishes curriculum and standards
Board Advisory Committees
- Facilities Committee
- Local Control and Accountability Plan Parent Advisory Committee (LCAP PAC)
- Citizens Oversight Committee (Bond)
- Curriculum, Standards, Instructional and Student Services Committee
- Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for Special Education
For more information on these advisory committees or to submit an application, please visit the committee webpage. Parents and community members are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates may contact the Board of Education office at (916) 971-7111 for more information.