Individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence are considered to be living in transition. The program includes school-age children who have a nighttime residence that is: shared with another family, a shelter, motel or hotel, transitional housing, trailer park, campground, makeshift arrangements in someone's home or a place not designed for human accommodation.
Rights of Students
- Immediate enrollment
- Rights to School of Origin/Feeder School
- A homeless child or youth that becomes permanently housed during a school year continues to remain eligible for Title I and McKinney Vento services for the remainder of that school year.
- Homeless Liaison Support
- Removal of all barriers to FAPE, enrollment and extracurricular activities
- Enrollment without normally required documents such as:
- Proof of Residency
- Immunization Records
- School Records
- Legal Guardianship papers
Food Closet Veronica Allen (916) 979-8878
McKinney-Vento Allison Dillard (916) 979-8794