Office Phone: (916) 971-7076
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dispatch Phone: (916) 971-7743
Dispatch Office Hours: 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Mon, Tues, Weds and Fri); 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursdays
- Extended School Year Programs: 5:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2023-24 Transportation Plan
Per Education Code (EC) Section 39800.1, San Juan Unified must develop a transportation plan on or before April 1, 2023. View the board approved 2023-24 Transportation Plan.
- Does San Juan Unified transport all school-aged children?
- When should my child be at the bus stop?
- What if my child can't be left alone in the afternoon?
- Is it okay to have my child dropped off at home without adult supervision?
- Who do I contact if I have a new address or daycare change?
- When will I know what time and route number my child has been assigned?
- Will the bus driver(s) have paperwork for on the first day of pick up?
Parent and Driver Information
The San Juan Unified School District Transportation Department has prepared information package below to acquaint you with the rules covering your child’s school transportation. We need your assistance and cooperation to maintain a timely and reliable service. Your familiarization and adherence to these rules will aid considerably in transporting your child with the maximum safety, service and courtesy.
- Pick Up Procedure
- Drop Off Procedure
- Alternate Addresses
- Bus Stop Locations
- Route Times
- Route Changes
- Change of Address / Telephone
- Delayed Buses
- Early Dismissal Days
- Weather Conditions
- School Buses and Equipment
- Wheelchair Lift Operation
- Video Surveillance
- Transportation of Medication
- Seizure Policy
- Personal Hygiene
- Personal Articles
- Food, Drinks and Gum
- Unacceptable Behavior
- Parent Responsibility
- Bus Riding Rules and Regulations
- Bus Rules
- Pre-employment and Random Drug and Alcohol Testing
- School Bus Driver Training
- FERPA / Sharing of Information