- Learn about our Bridges After-School Program and Discovery Club, which provide homework support.
- Tutoring is available from a state approved provider through our Supplemental Educational Services (SES) programs.
- Find School Counseling contact information for your school.
- Learn about Summer School options and credit recovery.
- Explore college and financial aid resources.
- Explore career resources.
- Find parent reading tip sheets available in 11 different languages here.
- Find reading activities designed to assist parents of at- risk students in the primary grades in English/Spanish - Parent Reading Intervention Packet. Also available in English/Russian and English/Ukranian.
- The Khan Academy Website has videos and tutorials in English and Spanish for any educational concept, topic, or lesson that students and parents would like to know more about.
Standards and Testing
- Find information about curriculum and graduation requirements for SJUSD students.
- Find information about Common Core in SJUSD and related resources.
- Learn about the new Smarter Balanced Field Test.
- Click here to learn how to better understand CAASPP scores.
Progress ReportingSan Juan Unified educators use many ways to keep parents informed of their student’s progress. The reporting system includes report cards, assessments of student progress on academic standards, progress notices, and individual and group parent-teacher conferences. At Back-to-School Night parents are introduced to teachers, class and school rules, policies and procedures, school programs and personnel. Parents also may be given grade-level student expectations and academic standards by subject.
- Student Success Team: Provides recommendations, support, and program modifications to teachers regarding a student experiencing academic or behavioral difficulties. The committee meets as needed to review a student's progress. A student can be referred to the team by a staff member or parent.
- IEPs: Following assessment of the student, an Individualized Education Program (IEP) team meeting will be conducted to determine the student’s eligibility for special education. Special education services may be provided in the general education classroom, resource room, special education class, or special education school. In rare cases, a non-public placement may be required.
- Internet4Classrooms has compiled a list of free online resources for students.
- San Juan Unified's department of Professional Learning & Innovation shares several math resources on their website.
- Khan Academy provides free educational activities and more.
- Find math resources that align with district curriculum on this teacher-created website.
- Discover how to make learning a fun part of your everyday summer routine here.
- The Sacramento Public Library Kids website has great resources for k-12 students ranging from homework help to parent resources.
- Starfall is an educational alternative to entertainment choices for early elementary students.
- Find resources here to support reading at home. Choose from read along e-books or an audio library.
- Watch videos and read along at home using the storyline online library.
- Click here for a parent's guide to student success.
Common Core resources
- Click here for information on the Common Core State Standards and how you can support your student.
- Find resources for parents and families on Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
MoreTeachers! Have more resources you'd like to share on this page? Send us an email and we'll add them!
Last Modified on February 2, 2017