Kindergarten enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year has begun (as of Monday, Feb. 8). Your child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2021 to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year. Start the enrollment process here. Due to high volumes of online enrollment requests, please allow approximately 48-72 hours for initial response from our department. Thank you for your patience.
Required documentation needed for enrollment:Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children only biological parents or legal guardians may enroll a child into our district. Also, the person who enrolls any child will be required to present the following documentation:
In addition, the following documents are needed for enrollment:
- TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCE in San Juan Unified School District:
- CURRENT mortgage/property tax bill or rental/lease agreement AND A
- CURRENT utility bill (SMUD, PG & E or WATER) with correct name and address
- Shared Residency Affidavit, if applicable
- Proof of Age: To prove age, Education Code section 48002 permits school districts to accept the following:
- Certified copy of the birth record
- Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate
- When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian, or any other appropriate means of proving the child’s age
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if your child is receiving special education services
- Guardianship / Custody papers (if applicable)
- Immunization record: Complete record of immunizations for the child (TDAP required for Grades 7-12)
- All immunizations must be current as required by California State Law (Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390); California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075)
- Although SB277 does not allow for personal belief exemptions, it does allow for medical and homeschooling/independent study exemptions. The medical exemption can only be obtained from a licensed medical doctor (M.D.) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.). There is not a specific form for the medical exemption. Instead, a doctor must generate a letter on official letterhead with the following information:
- confirmation that immunization is not recommended based on the child's physical or medical condition
- identification of which vaccines are being exempted
- a statement of whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary
- signed and dated by the medical provider
The San Juan Central Immunization Clinic is currently closed until further notice. Please click here for the Elica Health Centers Summer 2021 Mobile Clinic information.
As of August 1, 2019: ALL Kindergarten and TK students must be compliant with ALL REQUIRED immunizations to enroll.
*Families that lack stable housing due to economic hardship can immediately enroll their child(ren) in school without the regularly required documentation. Parents/guardians do need to provide this documentation at a later date. Please let a staff person know if this is your situation. Placement of families in transition or foster children is a high priority for enrollment, and we will work with families to get their students enrolled.
Here are forms for enrollment:
- Kindergarten Enrollment Health Form
- Kindergarten Oral Health Form 6.1.18
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - English 2.12.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Spanish 2.13.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Arabic 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Farsi 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Russian 2.26.19
- Enrollment Info TK/Kindergarten - Ukrainian 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - English 2.12.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Spanish 02.13.2019
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Arabic 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Farsi 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Russian 2.26.19
- P-12 Enrollment Form - Ukrainian 6.18.19
- Residency Survey - English
- Residency Survey - Spanish
- Residency Survey - Arabic
- Residency Survey - Russian
- Residency Survey - Ukrainian
The birth date cut off for Kindergarten enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year is September 1, 2016. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021, to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year.
FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN SITES FOR 2021-2022:
- Arlington Heights
- Cameron Ranch
- Thomas Edison Language Institute K-8
- Grand Oaks
- Gold River K-8
- Thomas Kelly
- Lichen K-8
- Twin Lakes
School sites offering Modified Kindergarten classes - 4 hours with no lunch:
- Del Dayo
All other schools offer Kindergarten classes - 3 hours. 20 mins approximately with no lunch
If your student is born between 9/2/2016 and 12/2/2016, you may enroll in our Transitional Kindergarten program for 2021-2022.
If you have any questions, please contact San Juan Central at (916) 726-5826.
Need help? Use the San Juan USD Enrollment Guide!
Hours and Location
District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived sex, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnicity, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.