Counselors for the School Year 2020-21
(counselors remain with their graduating class)
Freshmen: Lori Casey -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an appointment with your 9th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/mscasey
Sophomores: Shelley Besso -- email@example.com
- Schedule an appointment with your 10th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/msbesso
Juniors: Cindy Penbera -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an appointment with your 11th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/mspenbera
Seniors: Katie Pedretti -- email@example.com
- Schedule an appointment with your 12th grade counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/mspedretti
504 & English Language Learners: Elyna Cespedes
- Schedule an appointment with your counselor → https://sanjuanschools.as.me/mscespedes
Counseling Secretary – (Enrollment, general counseling department information)
Miste Bridge -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (916) 971-5025
Fax: (916) 971-5011
Bella Vista Course Change Policy
Bella Vista schedules students into classes based on course requests, prior grades, and teacher recommendations. Students and parents may request a course change through their counselor within the first ten (10) school days of the semester. A student choosing to drop a course after the ten day window will receive a drop "F" grade on their transcript. If a teacher identifies misplacement beyond ten days, s/he may initiate a level change by the end of the first grading period. The student's grade will transfer to the new course.
Criteria for requesting a schedule change:You are enrolled in a class that you have already passed or taken and do not need.
You took the class in summer school and passed it.
You have a hole in your schedule that needs to be filled.
You need a level change for an academic course (example: Honors to regular or a Math level change).
You want to Request to change an elective (not guaranteed that we can accommodate your Request).
How to request a schedule change Fall 2020:
Counselors work on schedules daily and they will continue to change, as we get more information. Please understand that schedules can and will change up to the first day of school and may even change after school begins.
Distance Learning & Independent Study
- For information regarding distance learning and independent study for the 2020-2021 school year, please visit the SJUSD Fall 2020 Hub and click on the appropriate link.
- If you have completed a course over the summer, please email your counselor a copy of the transcript showing the school, course, and grade completed.
Looking forward to seeing you in one form or another soon.
AP Course Schedule Change Request:
In order to request a schedule change for an AP course; you will need to:
1. Fill out the google form below:
2. Turn in a signed request form to your counselor
Parents can schedule an appointment with their student’s counselor by using the acuity scheduling link listed above. You can also contact the secretary Ms. Bridge at email@example.com or call the Counseling Office at (916) 971-5025.
Parent Information NightsYou can find information for the current school year's parent information night by clicking here.
If you are a college admissions representative and wish to set up a visit to Bella Vista High School, please email the Library Media teacher, Mrs. Sloan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need general information about Bella Vista, including staff contact numbers and events at Bella Vista; homework requests and San Juan Student Information System Parent Portal, PIN & Passwords you may email email@example.com.
Bella Vista Front Desk
Phone: (916) 971-5051
Fax: (916) 971-5011
Registrar – (transcript requests, withdrawals, student records, verification of education)Debbie Carpenter: email - firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: (916) 971-5050 / Fax: (916) 971-5011
Final transcripts are mailed home in January and June. Please make copies for unofficial purposes. For details on how to order transcripts, please click here.