- Charles Peck Elementary
Open enrollment for district residents now underway
We would like to inform all residents of San Juan Unified School District that our annual Open Enrollment lottery for the school year of 2020-2021 will be held between Monday, Dec. 2 at 8 a.m. through Friday, Jan. 17 at 5 p.m.
Open enrollment is a process to request a school other than your neighborhood school or to return to your neighborhood school following a transfer. Once you receive your open enrollment results, you will either be assigned to your school of choice (which becomes your residence school) or placed on the waiting list for that site. ALL waiting lists expire on Dec. 31 each year. Open enrollment is NOT on a first-come, first-served basis. A computerized random selection will determine which students are accepted for their choice schools.
Additionally, schools across the district are going to be hosting information nights for interested families. Visitations and tours give parents an opportunity to explore the school and classrooms. Some schools combine information and visitation events, and we highly encourage you to visit and learn more about what San Juan Unified School District has to offer. Families who reside in San Juan Unified School District’s boundaries have the opportunity to enroll students in any of the district’s schools providing:
- Space is available in the appropriate program. (Available space is determined by defined physical and program capacity of the school after placement of enrolled resident students) AND,
- Families are willing to provide transportation.
You MUST participate in Open Enrollment if...
- You would like your student to attend a school other than your current school of residence
- You would like your student who currently attends a K-6 or K-8 school to attend 6th grade at a middle school
- You would like your student to attend a middle school other than their resident K-8 school for 6th, 7th or 8th grade
- Your student qualifies for the High Achiever Program and you want him/her to attend a middle school other than their resident school
- You would like your student to attend any of the following schools: Cowan Fundamental, Dewey Fundamental, Green Oaks Fundamental, Cambridge Heights Open, Mission Avenue Open, Orangevale Open (K-8), Arcade Fundamental (6-8), El Camino Fundamental (9-12)
- Your student was overloaded to the school they currently attend, you have not submitted an intradistrict transfer, and you would like for him/her to remain at the overloaded site
- Your student is currently enrolled in a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program at a school site other than your resident school and you would like them to continue at the same site for Kindergarten.
San Juan Unified residents may apply online for any currently enrolled student if they have access to the Parent Portal or they may submit an open enrollment application to the San Juan Central office, located at 3700 Garfield Ave. in Carmichael. Applications will be available at every school site, on our website and at San Juan Central.
For more information, visit the Open Enrollment website or call San Juan Central at (916) SAN-JUAN (726-5826).