- Mission Avenue Open
San Juan Unified to continue to distribute meals over summer at 14 school sites
The last day of meal distribution for the 2019-20 school year will be Tuesday, June 9.
San Juan Unified is providing an opportunity for families to pick up two meals daily (lunch and breakfast for the following day) over the summer in a mobile walk-up or drive-thru meal service for children 18 and under. The service is available at 14 school sites from 10:30 am -11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday, from June 15 through July 31.
These meals will be available free of charge for anyone 18 and under regardless of what school they attend. No paperwork is required. This program will be solely for the pick up of meals, and meals will not be consumed on-site. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site and utilizing social distancing once meals have been distributed.
If it is not possible to have all children present when picking meals every day, the total number of children must be validated. If any of your children are not in the car with you, please bring their name (and ID if school age) on a sheet of paper with you and you will receive a validation form. Once Nutrition Services validates and gives you a form, you must show the form every time you come to receive meals without your children present. The validation form is not needed if your children will be present.
The locations for summer meal distribution (June 15-July 31) are as follows:
- Howe Avenue Elementary, 2404 Howe Ave., Sacramento, CA 95825
- Thomas Edison Language Institute K-8, 2950 Hurley Way, Sacramento, CA 95864
- Whitney Avenue Elementary, 4248 Whitney Ave., Sacramento, CA 95821
- Cameron Ranch Elementary, 4333 Hackberry Lane, Carmichael, CA 95608
- Coyle Avenue Elementary, 6330 Coyle Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608
- John Barrett Middle, 4243 Barrett Road, Carmichael, CA 95608
- Starr King K-8, 4848 Cottage Way, Carmichael, CA 95608
- Carriage Drive Elementary, 7519 Carriage Dr., Citrus Heights, CA 95621
- Kingswood K-8, 5700 Primrose Dr., Citrus Heights, CA 95610
- Lichen K-8, 8319 Lichen Dr., Citrus Heights, CA 95621
- Woodside K-8, 8248 Villa Oak Dr., Citrus Heights, CA 95610
- Northridge Elementary, 5150 Cocoa Palm Way, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
- Will Rogers Middle, 4924 Dewey Dr., Fair Oaks, CA 95628