- San Juan Unified School District
USDA extends free meals for children 18 and under
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has issued updated guidance that meals can be provided at no cost to all children 0-18 years old. Beginning Tuesday, September 8, 2020, one breakfast and one lunch per child, packaged together, will be handed out curbside to all children 0-18 years from 44 school sites. Non-meat options will be available to families upon request.
Days- Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and non-instruction days
Pick Up times: all sites between 7 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
If you cannot pick up in the morning, the following options will be available:
- Elementary schools: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Middle Schools and Meraki High School: 12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Bella Vista, El Camino, Mira Loma, Rio Americano: 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Encina and San Juan: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Casa Roble: 11:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
Locations: Click here for a full list of school sites that are serving.
To allow adults or others to pick-up meals for students without them being present and help us meet state program requirements, each family will be issued a new green validation form by our curbside Nutrition Services staff that authorizes the pickup of a specific number of meals. The new green form will be needed each time meals are picked up.
There are two ways in which a family may obtain the new validation form:
- Bring the validation letter that was issued to you by Nutrition Services in August and a new green validation form will be issued to you based on the number of students listed on the old letter.
- On the first day of meal pickup, bring with you the letter, if you have one, and any other children for whom you will be picking up meals. A green validation form will be issued to you based on that number of children. After the first day, children need not be present for pickup.
If you lose your new green validation form, you will need to bring all children again in order to be issued a new form.
Meal Applications for 2020-2021
Households with school-aged children enrolled in SJUSD are strongly encouraged to apply for free and reduced-price meals for the 2020/2021 school year.
Apply online at https://mealapps.sanjuan.edu or pick up a meal application at one of the school sites that are serving meals curbside. If qualified, additional benefits are available.
Questions? Call San Juan Nutrition Services at 916-971-7026 or email SJUSDNutritionServices@sanjuan.edu.