- Winston Churchill Middle School
Hybrid Model - Beginning March 22nd, 2021
In-Person Return Update
Begins Week of March 22
Email Communication - Tuesday, March 16th, 2021
Hello Churchill Families & Students,
As you may have heard from our district office, we are pleased to share that today Sacramento County has officially reached the red tier of the state’s COVID-19 risk assessment system. This means that starting the week of March 22, students in grades TK-12 will have the option to return to in-person learning in a hybrid format.
We are excited about seeing many of our students on campus (A & B cohort) and continuing to support our distance learning students (C cohort). Our teachers and staff are making plans to help our students feel welcome and safe as we move into this hybrid model.
Attached to this email (and live links below) you will find three pieces of information.
- Tomorrow Night - Churchill Family Information Night Flier - We know many of you have questions about our safe return to school. We invite our parents and guardians to join us tomorrow night, Wednesday, March 17th at 5pm via Zoom for a chance to learn about our safety plans and ask questions. Zoom links and a Q & A form to collect your questions in advance are included in the flyer.
- Thursday & Friday - Student Campus Tour Flier - We are offering 15 minute guided tours of some locations on campus for 6th graders and new students. Lead by some of our leadership students, teachers and administrators these small group tours will help familiarize our students with our campus. Thursday, March 18 is from 8am-5pm. Friday, March 19 is from 8am-noon. Please sign up to reserve a time for you and your student and help us manage our tour group sizes. Please see the flier to sign up for a time.
- Hybrid Bell Schedule - Churchill will follow the hybrid bell schedule that is attached here starting on Monday, March 22. Please note that the 0 Period start time only applies to Advanced Band students. Also, note that Wednesdays are Asynchronous days with No Live Zoom Classes. Student attendance will be taken and students should log in to Google Classroom for each of your classes every Wednesday.
We are doing our absolute best to ensure students will be safe and have a positive learning environment when we get back on campus. We also know that we will need to make some adjustments and learn along the way.
We thank you for your support and look forward to having a great 4th quarter in the new hybrid format.
Here are a few additional reminders:
- Asynchronous Wednesday - Tomorrow, March 17th - No Live Zoom Classes. Teachers are preparing for in-person instruction and students will have asynchronous instruction only. Students will get credit for attendance by completing asynchronous work. Please check in on Google Classroom for all your classes.
Cohorts - Cohorts A and B are hybrid in-person and distance learning. Cohort C is all distance learning. Your student’s cohort can be found in Q under Attendance Group.
- Spring Break is coming up - No School - March 29th - April 2nd
- Stay Informed - San Juan has created a resource webpage with lots of important information and help during this school closure, please check it regularly: https://www.sanjuan.edu/covid19