Will schools release students to immigration officials if a parent is taken into custody?

Posted by:

No. San Juan Unified schools will only release students to adults authorized on emergency cards. Parents with such concerns should make advance arrangements with relatives or friends to ensure that their children can be released to an authorized caregiver or adult and be sure to list appropriate individuals on emergency cards.