- El Sereno
WELCOME TO THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR
Dear El Sereno Families,
We are very excited to welcome everyone to the 2020-2021 school year! We hope your summer was productive and full of different learning experiences. As you are aware, we will start the school year by continuing with the Distance Learning model. If things change, we will notify you immediately so please check your emails regularly.
Fall registration for returning El Sereno students will be held virtually on Thursday, August 13th. You will receive a Zoom link with your scheduled time slot by email, shortly. Students will complete registration in two phases: (1) verify all registration documents have been completed, including the online emergency card and meal application form, and (2) meet with their master teacher to receive their first assignment, review expectations, and schedule their weekly appointment times. The teacher meeting should not take longer than 30 minutes. Parents please login to the Parent Portal to verify your email address and to check your student’s academic schedule prior to registration. In addition, we would like to update you regarding some important information. Please be sure to read through each bullet point and fulfill all requested information.
- Registration for all returning students: Thursday, August 13th, 2020. Before then, please fill out and sign the Master Agreement and Registration Questionnaire. Once completed, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency Cards & Chromebooks: By now, you should have received an email asking you to update your information in Parent Portal and to submit your student’s needs for Chromebooks. If you have not done so, please visit the Parent Portal at https://sis.sanjuan.edu/parentportal, login with your PIN and Password, select the “Re-Enrollment” tab found at the top right hand side of the page, and complete each section. Chromebook requests can be made under “Computer & Internet Availability”. (Detailed instructions can be found at https://www.sanjuan.edu/emergencycards). All students will need to have an updated emergency form completed prior to starting school.
- Lunch Forms: Our District asks all families to complete meal application forms for their students. You may complete the meal application or opt-out form by visiting http://www.sanjuan.edu/morethanameal. Beginning Thursday, August 13, Nutrition Services will be distributing curbside meals on our campus, from 7:00 - 8:30am, every school day. More information about student meals can be found in these links: https://nutrition.sanjuan.edu/ and Food Distribution Locations
- The San Juan Unified School District’s annual family handbook can be located at https://www.sanjuan.edu/handbook
- Please remember at El Sereno, there are no excused absences including family vacations. Please schedule your time off from school in accordance with district holidays. The academic calendar can be found on the district website: https://www.sanjuan.edu/Page/48288
We look forward to working closely with you and your student this school year! Many new families are joining us this year so it is very important that your students are on time for their meetings and are continually making progress through their studies.