- San Juan Unified School District
Zoom updates required by Aug. 28
**The transition to authenticated accounts has been moved to Friday, Aug. 28 to ensure students have time to update their accounts. An earlier version of this story reflected an earlier deadline.**
To ensure live class sessions in Zoom are secure and that students are accurately listed in attendance reports, San Juan Unified will begin requiring students to “authenticate,” or “sign in”. This will take effect on Friday, Aug. 28.
San Juan Unified teachers already are in the practice of providing students with a Zoom meeting link as well as the meeting ID and passcode (for mobile devices). Starting on Friday, Aug. 28, when students click the link provided by the teacher (or enter the meeting ID in the mobile app), the student will be required to sign in with Google using their school email and the same password they use for the student portal. (Click here if you need help finding your student’s email address or password.)
Individuals who used Zoom last year and/or have not complete the steps below, or who are using a Zoom account set up with a personal email address, must complete the process by Thursday, Aug. 27. (Students who have already completed the steps below do not need to do anything.)
Instructions to join the San Juan Unified Zoom License
Students who used Zoom last school year will need to use the steps below to bring their Zoom account under the San Juan Unified Zoom license. This is critical because if the student does not join the district Zoom license, they will be unable to join the live class sessions teachers are hosting. Please follow the steps below if you used Zoom last school year so that you will be able to join your class Zoom sessions.
- Go to http://www.zoom.us. Click the “Sign In” link located on the top right of the screen if on a desktop device and inside the menu if on a mobile device.
- You will see the screen below. Click the “Sign in with SSO” steps:
- You will see the screen below. Type “sanjuan” where it says “Your company domain,” then click “Continue.”
- If you are not already signed into Google, you may need to at this point. You will receive a prompt if it is necessary. Use your @student.sanjuan.edu email address and the same password you use for Portal.
(NOTE: If you’re taken to a screen showing details of your Zoom account and your student email address is listed then your account is already set up and no further action is necessary.)
- You will see a prompt to confirm your email address. Click “Confirm your email address.”
- An email will be sent to the student’s San Juan Gmail account (@student.sanjuan.edu)
- Open your student email by clicking the Gmail tile in Portal. Check for an email from Zoom and click the “switch to the new account” button. Please note that you must do this step within 24 hours of receiving the email.
- Click the “I acknowledge and switch” button.
Once the steps above have been completed, the student will be part of the sanjuan.edu Zoom account. From this point on, in order to join any and all class sessions in Zoom, the student will need to log in with Google, using their San Juan Unified login and password.